Chapter 14

{Song in video: Kito ft. Reija Lee - Sweet Talk}

Before I went to work, I briefly met up with Chelsea at the park that was close to both of the places we worked at.

"Hey Chels!" I exclaimed giddily as I walked toward the bench she sat at, carrying Mr. Havens' coat. I was going to give it back to him as soon as I saw him at work.

"Hey Stace!" She exclaimed back, grinning. She looked at the coat I was holding. "Is that Mr. Havens' coat you were telling me about?"

I nodded my head as I sat down. "Yup." I grinned.

"I still can't believe he lent you his coat! He's totally into you."

I gave her a look, still smiling. "I don't know about that." I giggled.

"That's one of the most obvious signs! You even said that he seems more happier and relaxed lately, which can be another sign that a guy likes you." She raised an eyebrow, giving me a half-smirk.

"That's because he had a very successful year with his business. Before that he was his usual stern self."

She rolled her eyes. "Then we'll see how he keeps acting like. I still think he likes you though." She grinned.

"Well I hope so." I sighed. I probably don't have a chance with him anyways. He's a CEO and I'm a secretary. We come from two different worlds. I looked at the time on my phone. "I have to get going; I'll see you later, Chels."

"Okay, same here. See you later, Stace!" She grinned.

I grinned back, waving and walking toward Havens Enterprise. A few minutes later, I got there, and decided to look for Mr. Havens first before I started work. I went up to Sanjay. "Hey, have you seen Mr. Havens?" I asked him.

"Yes, he's over there," Sanjay replied, pointing at Mr. Havens, who was talking to a group of men.

"Oh okay, thanks." I gave him a smile, and then went over to him. Of course, I stood a few feet away, and waited until he was done talking to them. They looked like they were discussing business matters.

After a few minutes, the men walked off, and I went over to Mr. Havens. "Hello, Anastasia," Mr. Havens greeted with a smile.

I smiled back. "Hey, Mr. Havens, I was just coming here to drop off your coat that you lent me the other day." I gave him the coat.

"Oh okay." He gave me a nod, taking the coat.

"Thanks for lending it to me." I grinned. "Well, I won't interrupt you any longer, so I'll be going to my desk." I turned around, and started walking toward my desk.

"Wait."

I stopped, turning around and raising my eyebrows. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to say you're welcome, and to thank you again for helping and planning our celebration." He smiled again.

"Oh...uh okay, and you're welcome. I'm glad it turned out to be a success." I grinned. "I'll get going then."

He nodded, and I walked over to my desk, and began to work. I was still confused as to why he was still being nicer than usual. Maybe he's still happy about the successful year.

"Hello, Stacey," Dante greeted me as I sat down.

"Hey, Dante," I greeted back. From then on, we worked at our desks, barely talking, since it was a particularly busier morning.

During lunch break, I got up, and headed toward the break room. There were some days when I made my own lunch, and today was one of those days.

Harper walked into the break room, and sat next to me since the other seats were basically taken. "Hey!" She exclaimed to me, grinning.

"Hey!" I greeted, grinning back at her. After we were done eating, I asked her, "So does Mr. Havens have a girlfriend or wife or anything?" As soon as I said that, I winced. Sometimes I blurted things out without thinking it through.

She drank a sip of lemonade, and said, "Not that I know of. Where did that question come from?" She giggled.

I felt my face turn red. "Oh...uh I was just curious. Sometimes I ask random questions out of the blue." I laughed, hoping she wouldn't think that question was too weird.

"Oh okay." She chuckled a little more. Thankfully she didn't say anything else about my question.

After I was done eating my sandwich, I ate a few of my homemade peanut butter oat bars. It was my first time baking those, and it surprisingly tasted great. I had woken up a little earlier than usual, and decided to bake the bars.

Dante and Sanjay entered the room, and sat across from Harper and I, but they were already in conversation about some emails that have to be sent.

I glanced at Mr. Havens, who was standing up and talking to one of his employees. After they were done talking, Mr. Havens sat down next to Harper, Dante, Sanjay, and I.

"Want some of these? They're homemade," I offered the peanut butter oat bars to Mr. Havens.

"Sure, it looks good. What are they?" Mr. Havens said, looking at the bars.

"They're peanut butter oat bars and they're very good."

He took one of them, and then took a bite. "We should have had some of these at the party celebration. These are great." He nodded his head.

"Really? Why thank you." I grinned.

"Mind if I have some?" Dante asked, already reaching toward the plate.

"Yeah, anyone can eat them." I laughed.

"These are awesome!" Harper exclaimed, grinning. "You should definitely bake more often."

Mr. Havens nodded his head in agreement. "I agree," he said, smiling.

Sanjay reached in for one. "These are excellent. I never had these before," he said.

I grinned to myself, glad that I had decided to bake this morning.

After we were done eating, we cleaned up, and then went back to our desks to work.

**********

A/N: Thanks to everyone who is reading this story. Out of all my other stories, this one has the most reads and votes :)

Anyways, Mr. Havens is still being nice towards Stacey. And Stacey brings him back his jacket that he let her borrow, and also brings some snacks for everyone to eat.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT