Chapter 31

{Character in picture: Henry Cavill as Jeff Wheeler}

{Song in video: Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club}

As soon as I woke up, I got ready, then went online to do more job hunting. I preferred to find a job in an office, but I was still looking for whatever was available.

After turning in more resumes and applications online, I recieved a phone call later in the afternoon.

It was from Stitch Bar & Lounge, which was where Chelsea worked, and it was located close by Havens Enterprise.

I spoke with a guy named Jeff, and had a job interview this afternoon.

"Chels!" I exclaimed as soon as I got off the phone with Jeff. "I have a job interview this afternoon at the bar you work at!"

"Awesome!" Chelsea exclaimed giddily.

That made me feel a bit better since I was still in a down mood.

"I hope I get it."

"I'm sure you will."

I lounged around for a few hours, then made myself lunch, and got ready for my job interview.

I grabbed my purse, waved bye to Chelsea, then waved down a taxi to take me to Stitch Bar & Lounge.

I was a bit nervous, but have done quite a few job interviews before, so I knew how it was done.

I went inside, and went up to the first person I saw, who was a guy with wavy dark brown hair, cleaning the long bar table.

"Hey, I'm here for a job interview," I said to the guy.

The guy looked up, grinning. "Stacey Marks?" He said in a questioning tone.

My eyes widened in surprise, and I grinned. "Jeff Wheeler?" I said back to him.

"It's been a while." He chuckled.

"Yes, it has."

"So how has life been treating you since high school?"

I paused for a few seconds before I answered. "It's been treating me well. I went to college for a few years, and had a few jobs since then."

He looked at me with interest. "What did you go to college for?"

"Business. I have an associate's degree in it."

"Cool."

"Yeah." I nodded. "How have you been since high school?"

"It's been good. I've worked here for a few years while going to college, and now I'm a manager at a bar." He chuckled.

"And what are you going to college for?"

"Bartending."

I blinked. "Bartending?" I repeated.

"Yes." He chuckled. "I know it sounds weird, but I love it."

"You can do whatever you want to do. Especially if it's your passion, and it pays bills." I shrugged. "I'm definitely not the one to judge."

"That's good."

I glanced around. "Not that I want to rush it, but when do you want to do the interview?"

"Interview?" He chuckled. "Forget about that, you're hired."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Thanks, but you don't have to do that."

"I know, but I want to." He grinned. "Let's set up your schedule."