Chapter 9

{Song in video: Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again}

For the next few days, work was a bit hectic since it got busier than usual. Quite a few people were out sick, others canceled on different meetings and other things at the last minute, and Mr. Havens had no choice but to get me to go to a very important client.

He walked out of the office and sighed while walking toward me. "Anastasia, I need you to do something extremely important for me," he said, giving me a serious look.

I stopped what I was doing, turning around and raising my eyebrows in surprise. "Oh? What is it?" I asked.

"I need you to give Mr. Buchholz a message. Give him this envelope; do not open it and do not misplace it. Just simply give this to him. Can you do that?" He held the envelope.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing at Mr. Buchholz' name. "Yeah sure."

"What's so funny?" He stared with a confused, yet stern face.

"Nothing!" I gasped, feeling my face turn red. "I'll give him the message!"

He handed the envelope to me, and I took it. "Good because Mr. Buchholz is a very important client. I cannot lose him."

I started laughing all over again. "I'm on it!"

"Okay...good...He's on the next building to the right." He blinked, giving me a weird look before he walked off.

"Dante!" I exclaimed to him, looking giddy. "Guess what!"

Dante sighed, trying not to groan. "What?" he said, sounding tired.

"I'm going to an important client and he has a funny name! His last name is Mr. Buchholz!" I burst out laughing a third time.

"He is extremely important, Stacey." He gave me a stern look, which I didn't expect.

My face fell. "Ugh you sound and look like Mr. Havens when you do that!"

"Seriously, we do not want to lose him Stacey. I suggest you get to him before you misplace that envelope." He looked dead serious.

"Okay, okay, yeesh you're grumpy today." I gave him a weird look and left.

I went outside and to the next building. Okay Stacey you can do this, don't screw anything up. All you have to do is give him this envelope. I walked inside the building.

"May I help you?" A lady at the desk asked in a monotone voice.

"Yes I need to give this to Mr. Buchholz," I said, giggling at the mention of his name, and showing her the envelope.

"You got here just in time. He's about to leave to go to a meeting but you still have five minutes left. He's on the top floor."

"Okay thanks." I quickly rushed to the elevator and went to the top floor to go to his office. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," I heard a man's voice boom through the door.

I walked inside. "Hey..." I started to say. "I'm here to give you this important message in this envelope." I handed him the envelope and he took it.

"What is the message?" He gave me a stern look.

"I don't know. I was only instructed to give this to you." I looked around the room nervously, trying not to laugh at his name.

"Oh okay good. I usually test people out when they give me messages like this. I like to make sure they're all following the rules." He smirked.

"Oh okay...Well I'll get going now. I know you're very busy."