Chapter 5

{Character in picture: Chris Rock as Dante Jones}

{Song in video: Sia - Cheap Thrills}

I looked at myself in my mirror, and grinned. I wore a short red dress, and matching high heels. I put my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my purse, and hailed a taxi outside.

A few minutes later, I arrived to the hotel address where the party was taking place. I grinned, and went inside.

"Name, please," the security guard said sternly.

My eyes widened, and I got nervous. I had no idea there was a list. I cleared my throat. "Uh, Harper Foster," I said coolly.

The security guard glared at me. "She's already here. Now, scram before I throw you out of here."

"But-" I protested, but got interrupted.

"Scram!"

I walked outside, and tried to come up with another plan. After a few minutes, I decided to call Chelsea. The phone rang, and Chelsea picked up.

"Hey, Stacey!" Chelsea exclaimed gleefully.

"Hey, Chelsea I need a huge favor," I said into the phone.

"What is it Stace? Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just need you to sneak me in Mr. Havens' party."

"Okay, but on one condition."

I sighed. "And what would that be?"

"I want to go to the party too."

I groaned. "But, Chels-"

"It's either that or nothing. I want to meet some classy men."

"Ugh, fine, but you have to wear a dress, and don't cause any trouble."

"Deal."

I told her the address, and then we hung up.

About five minutes later, Chelsea came.

"Wow, you're quick!" I exclaimed as I saw her approaching me.

"I was just about to go to the club, but after you called I figured I'd rather be partying with classy men not drunkard boys," Chelsea said, waving her hand.

"Okay, so let's focus. How do we get in?"

Chelsea looked around the room. "A-ha I got it!" She grinned.

"Really? So, how?" I grinned back, waiting for answer.

"We're climbing up the air vent. It leads to the party room." She pointed at it.

We waited until the room was empty, and then we stood on the glass table, and climbed inside the vent.

"Just follow me," Chelsea turned around, and whispered in the vent.

"Okay."

We crawled a few feet, and stopped. "I see the room," Chelsea said while peeking through the vent. "But there's a lot of people, so we need to find another room connected or next to it." We crawled further, and found a kitchen.

"Bingo!" Chelsea exclaimed. She went out of the air vent first, and landed on the silver stove.

I followed behind her, landing on the stove too, but accidentally knocked off a few plates onto the floor.

We heard footsteps coming, and we frantically ran out of the kitchen, and into the party room.

"Whew, that was close," I said, sighing of relief. Chelsea laughed, which made me laugh.