Chapter 37

{Character in picture: Halle Berry as Leslie Jones}

{Song in video: BTS - House Of Cards}

I paced back and forth my living room, wondering how everything was going to go with Vince. What exactly did he want to talk about?

"Everything is going to be fine, Stace," Chelsea said, sighing.

I sighed as I sat down on the couch. "Realistically, I do know that. Lately, I've just been afraid of the unknown, I guess," I said, shrugging. "It's very unlike me."

"It's probably because of the whole thing with Vince, Rebecca, and Mallory. Speaking of Mallory, I don't like that brat. She ruined you and Vince's relationship." She crossed her arms, having an annoyed look on her face.

"Yeah, I know." I sighed. "She did say she was drunk, and she apologized, but it's just still all weird to me."

"It's Rebecca's spawn, that's why."

I burst out laughing, then looked at the time. "It's already four forty-five. I'll see you later, Chels."

"Alright. Have fun!" She grinned, waving at me as I left the apartment.

Since the park was only a few blocks away, I walked there.

When I arrived to the park, I looked around for Vince.

I saw him sitting on a bench, looking at his watch. Then, he looked up, directly making eye contact with me. I grinned, then quickly walked toward him.

As I was walking toward him, I got hit by frisbee on the right side of my face. "Ow!" I groaned, feeling my face flush in embarrassment.

"Sorry!" A boy who looked about ten years old apologized, wincing.

Vince quickly got up, and ran toward me. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded, still feeling embarrassed.

"Alright." We walked back to the bench he was originally sitting at.

"So...What did you want to talk about exactly?" I asked Vince as we sat on the bench.

"Mainly us," Vince replied, then paused for a moment, sighing.

I shifted myself to face him directly. "What about us?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to get back together."

I paused for a moment, feeling unsure. "I feel unsure about that one. I mean, I do want to, but if some other misunderstanding were to come up, would you be able to trust what I say? Even if there was no proof?"

"I know I screwed up big time for not trusting you in the first place. I regret that big time. I promise I have something to make up to you, if you let me. I'm sure that you will love it."

"Alright." I nodded. "How will you make it up to me?"

"Follow me." He smiled.

I smiled back, giving him a confused yet curious look as I followed him.

We went over to his car, and got in. Then, we drove over to Havens Enterprise.

We got out, and went inside, walking toward the elevator. Vince pressed the roof top button. I didn't even know there was such a button until I saw him press it.

"Why are you taking me to the roof?" I asked, laughing.

"You'll see," Vince said.

When we arrived to the roof, we got out, and my mouth dropped open in surprise. There was a helicopter on top of Havens Enterprise.