Chapter 23

{Song in video: Icon For Hire - Now You Know}

"Hey, Vince!" I exclaimed to him as I walked into his office. It was five o'clock, and work had just ended.

"Hey, Stacey," Vince said with a smile as he looked up from his computer.

"I was just thinking about what you said at my parents' house. I remember you said you never got the high school experience, and that you wanted one."

He raised an eyebrow, leaning his head slightly toward the right. "Yes, why?" He gave me a confused look.

"Well, because I was thinking that Chelsea and I can take you clubbing." I grinned. "I barely go anymore, but Chelsea invited me, and she met a guy on Tinder that invited her."

"You want me to go clubbing with you all?" He blinked.

"Sure...if you want. I'm not going to force you to go or anything, it was just a suggestion." I felt my face flush. This was a stupid idea. I should have never suggested that.

It was silent for about a minute, until Vince spoke up again. "I'll take your offer on that."

I blinked. "Say what?"

He chuckled. "I'll go clubbing with you and Chelsea."

"Seriously? Aren't you busy?"

"Yes, seriously." He put a few files in one of his drawers. "And I can spare a few hours."

"Wow...well okay." I grinned. "We're going to have fun."

"I hope so, but just be warned, I'm not a party guy, so I probably won't know how to act." He chuckled.

"That's fine. I can teach you the ways of partying." I laughed.

"I can't believe I'm going to do this." He shook his head.

"I probably won't believe it unless I see it." I grinned.

He kept shaking his head. "So Chelsea met a guy off of Tinder? Isn't she supposed to be focused on finding a job, and helping you with paying for rent?"

"Yeah, I discussed that with her earlier, but the club is having a ladies night. Basically, women can come in for free."

He blinked again, having a slightly confused, but amused expression. "Oh okay."

"I don't mind taking you for a somewhat high school experience. That's the main reason why I'm asking you. Plus, I would feel weird going to a club without you, since a lot of guys assume that a girl is single over there."

"Yes, of course." He nodded. "I'll go."

"Okay, I'll see you then." I smiled.

We gave each other a kiss, and then I got back to my apartment about fifteen minutes later.

When I walked in, I said to Chelsea, "So who is this Tinder guy you were telling me about earlier?"

"Oh yeah, he's a Russian model named Vlad," Chelsea said with a grin. "Look here." She showed me his Tinder profile.

The guy had light brown hair, and looked like he was in his mid-20's. "He's cute," I said, smiling. "Does he live around here or is he visiting?"

"Good question...I'm not sure." She shrugged. "All I know is that he hit me up, and asked if he wanted to go clubbing."

"Oh okay."

"He's going to pick me up, by the way."

I blinked, then raised my eyebrows. "Pick you up from where?"