Chapter 20

{Song in video: Ariana Grande - Into You}

When I got to work, I saw Vince, and I went up to him. "Hey," I said with a smile.

"Hey," Vince said, smiling back. He glanced around, lowering his voice. "Hey, I'm going to have a meeting later on today."

"Okay." I laughed.

"I'm going to have a meeting about us dating, and about the change of rules for dating co-workers."

"That should be good." I nodded. "I wonder how they'll react."

"Me too." He chuckled, giving me a smile. "You look beautiful, by the way."

"Awww, thanks. You look handsome yourself." I grinned.

All of a sudden, Sanjay came over to us. "Excuse me, Mr. Havens, here are the folders you wanted," he said to him, handing him the folders.

"Thank you, Sanjay," Vince said, nodding his head and taking the folder.

Sanjay nodded back, and went over to his desk.

"Hey, I'm going to go to my office now. I'll see you later though," Vince said, smiling.

"Okay, and I'm going over to my desk to start work," I said, smiling back.

He went into his office, and I went over to my desk.

"Hey, Dante," I greeted him, grinning as I sat down.

"Hey, Stacey," Dante greeted back.

"So how was your weekend?"

"It was good. Leslie and I took the kids out downtown, so we had fun. How was yours?"

"Mine was great. I went on a date." I grinned.

"Oh, good for you, Stace, and I'm not saying that sarcastically." He chuckled.

"I know." I laughed. "And thanks."

Dante looked at his computer screen. "Oh, it looks like we have a meeting in a few hours."

I looked into my email that was sent by Vince saying that we have a meeting before lunch. "Yeah, there is."

We started on our work, and then after a few hours, Vince came out over to us, and said, "There will be a meeting in the usual room in ten minutes."

Everyone nodded, and he went to others to tell them the same thing.

Ten minutes later, all of us went into the meeting room. I fidgeted with my purse as we sat down waiting for everyone to sit down.

"Okay," Vince began. "The reason why we're having this meeting today is because I have something important to tell you, and it will require some slight changes in rules."

Some people started whispering to each other.

"I will like to announce that Stacey Marks and I are officially dating."

Everyone went silent for a few seconds, whispering and glancing back and forth between us. I awkwardly smiled, and gave them a slight wave. I wasn't the one who usually felt that awkward, but in that moment, I did.

"Oh my gosh, you two are dating?" Harper said, looking shocked.

"Yes," Vince said, nodding.

Harper looked at me. "Yeah, we are," I said, confirming with a nod.

"Wow," Harper said, her eyes widening.

"I know I've said in the past that I frown upon workers dating each other, but now that rule has changed. It wouldn't be fair if I did something that contradicted my own rules, and I never thought this would happen, but it has. I'm here to change that rule. Now, I will still be treating Stacey equally as everyone else at work," Vince said to everyone.