Chapter 30

{Song in video: Tove Lo - Thousand Miles}

As I went into work the next day, everyone kept glancing and looking at me off and on.

When Vince and I glanced at each other, he glared, then looked away, shaking his head as he went into his office.

I went over to my desk, and did my work until it was my lunch break. It was kind of hard to be there because I cried a little, but thankfully Dante was so focused on work that he didn't notice.

I noticed that I forgot to bring my lunch, then looked into my wallet, realizing that I only had enough money for the taxi ride back.

I decided to text Chelsea about that, and she told me to meet her at Tropical Smoothie.

I stopped by the bank on the way so I had enough money to get a meal.

"Hey, Chels," I greeted her as soon as I stepped into Tropical Smoothie.

"Hey, Stace," Chelsea greeted back. "How is work so far?" She winced.

"Vince glared at me a few times whenever we accidentally made eye contact."

"Oh...Well, at least you get to stay away from him for about a half an hour."

"Or not." I groaned as I saw Vince walk in. "I have to hide." I quickly went under the table.

"I'm going to talk to him." Chelsea stood up.

"No, Chels, don't!" I hissed, but she walked over to Vince, who was just a few feet away.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. Heartbreaker Havens," Chelsea said to Vince, glaring at him.

Vince gave her an annoyed look, rolling his eyes. "Hi, Chelsea," he muttered.

"You broke my best friend's heart! She didn't cheat on you, and she never would cheat on you!" She exclaimed, causing bystanders to look over.

"Look, I get you're protecting your best friend, but that's between her and I. I can't be with someone who cheats."

"Anything that upsets her means I get involved. And Stacey didn't cheat! It's obvious someone set her up."

He gave her a look of disbelief. "Why would someone set her up?"

"Because her phone got lost during the party, duh."

He looked even more confused. "Party? What are you talking about?"

"The one that Mallory had." She gasped, and I gasped when she blurted it out to him.

He looked shocked. "Mallory had a party?"

Chelsea's mouth hung open. "No...I meant Jesenia."

"Stacey lost her phone while she babysat Mallory. I remember that." He had a sharp tone to his voice, looking mad. "I can't believe she would do this."

"It's not what it seems. We tried to stop the party-"

"You were there too?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I climbed up from under the table. "Let me explain-" I started to say.

"We'll talk in my office after lunch," Vince barked, glaring at me, then walking to the counter to order his food.

"I'm sorry, Stace. It's my fault. I accidentally told him about the party," Chelsea apologized.

"It's not your fault," I said, giving her a reassuring half-smile. "It was the truth anyways."