Chapter 13

{Song in video - Allie X - Downtown}

I quickly ate breakfast, and afterwards, I looked inside my bags, making sure I had everything with me. Since it was chilly outside lately, I made sure I would bring a spare winter outfit, just in case.

I grinned to myself, knowing it was finally the day that me, and the rest of my co-workers would be going to the mountains, to where Sanjay's family was staying.

I took my bags, and met up at work with the rest of my co-workers, since we've decided that some of us would ride together.

I looked around, and noticed Mr. Havens, who was talking to Dante, Sanjay, and a few others.

Mr. Havens glanced over at me, and gave me a slight smile. "Good morning, Anastasia," he greeted.

I smiled back. "Good morning, Mr. Havens," I greeted back.

He nodded, and then glanced around at everyone else. "Is everyone here?"

Dante and Sanjay quickly did a head count, and then they nodded. "Yes, sir," Sanjay replied.

"Good. Now we will figure out who's riding with who. Does everyone know who they are riding with?"

Mostly everyone nodded, except me and a couple of others.

"You three can ride with Harper." He said to the three co-workers next to me. He turned to me. "And you can ride with me and Mr. Jones."

I couldn't help but grin. "Okay!" I said enthusiastically. I was going to ride with Mr. Havens!

Mr. Havens gave me a nod, and then turned to everyone else again. "We can now get ready to leave."

I picked up my bags, and we went into the parking garage, where everyone's vehicles were.

I gasped when I saw Mr. Havens' car, which was a 2015 black Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Well of course he has that sort of car, he's a CEO after all. I really shouldn't be so surprised.

"I think Stacey likes your car, Mr. Havens," Dante said, and then snickered at me.

I gave him a look, and then laughed. "Whatever," I said, struggling to put my bags in the car.

Mr. Havens walked toward me, continuing to smile. "Here...I'll help and take these for you," he said, taking the bags and putting them in the car. He tilted his head to the side, giving me a confused look. "What are in those bags? I didn't expect it to be that heavy."

"Just...clothes, makeup, and stuff like that," I replied.

He chuckled. "Oh okay."

Dante turned to him. "Women right? Even after being married for almost twenty years, I still don't get why a lot of them take so much stuff with them whenever they go somewhere," he said, and we laughed.

"Well, Dante, if you must know, it's because we need to prepare just in case something comes up," I said.

"Like what?"

"Like...extra outfits and makeup." The both of them laughed, and I rolled my eyes. Guys would never understand us.

"You can sit in the front if you want to, Anastasia," Mr. Havens said to me.

"Oh okay," I said, getting in the passenger seat. I couldn't believe I was sitting next to Mr. Havens in his car!

Dante opened the car door, and sat on the back.

Mr. Havens started the car and drove off, following Sanjay.

We talked about different things for a while, and then we finally got to the mountains. There was some snow on the ground. "It's been a while since I been up here," I said, looking at the scenery in awe. It was nice seeing something other than buildings and the city.