Chapter 3- After Work Dilemma

Tamila's Point Of View:

Screw this LA traffic! I left the office at 3, and it's close to 6:30 now that I've arrived to my apartment, and I'm exausted and agitated. It shouldn't take me this long to get home. Only in Los Angeles I guess.

I lock my doors and toss myself on my sofa and turn on the television. As usual, thousands of channels and nothing worth watching on. I turn the televison off. What to do now? I honestly have to clear my head.

If there wasn't so much traffic I'd head to the grove to shop a bit. Everything Jaime told me was replaying itself over and over in my head, making me wonder if maybe I've been my own enemy, maybe I shouldn't have fired Lucille, or Marty, or Brian, or Ethan, or Alicia, or Katherine, or Don, or April, or Jason... the hundreds, if not thousands of people throughout my years at Oaisis Cosmetics who had those "imperfections" Jaime was talking about, those people I didn't give a fair chance to.

Who am I kidding? Jaime just doesn't understand what this really means to me! This is MY company. MY world. MY show! If my employees didn't meet my standards... see ya later, they could find a job elsewhere and aggrivate some other person, but that person wasn't me, and it never will be me. I'm the captain of this fucking ship, sailing in my own sea. I'm no sucker for bum-kissing tactics.

Okay, I better get a tea or something. I'm not that woman who will go out drinking when in a lousy mood, that's not how to excape it properly, I don't wanna end up like somewhere I wasn't before, and its no good, not from what I've heard.

I decided to go for a run. I threw on some sport leggings and an old tee, and of course, I couldn't forget music. I shoved my keys in my pocket and jogged out the door. The heat of the California sun was fading a little bit since it was after 4, making my running envoirnment feel a little nicer.

The cool breeze played against my warm lips which seemed to relieve some tension. The sun was setting at a perfect spot over the perfect palm trees where it hit me like a spotlight. I turned my music up more and picked up the pace, suddenly feeling a rush of adrenaline flow through me like a river therough the mountaintops, I raced on and on, getting lost in my own world, there was nothing I saw but endless road, my music, the gentle wind, the trees, the beautiful city-scapes and the warmth of the sunlight.

After what seemed like endless eternity, I turned around and ran back. I wasn't too fond of the idea of running in downtown Los Angeles when it was dark out. I did a slow jog back to my apartment.

I arrived home, and I realized I hadn't checked my phone since I left the office. When I fiddled through my purse I found my phone buzzing vigorously. It read 87 new voicemails, 500 new emails, 36 new text messages, and 44 missed calls.  

"Shit!" I mumbled under my breath as I stormed up the stairs to the shower. I'm positive all of those notifications were from my lovely employees and interns.  

Interns. The thought made me shudder.

Interns, in my eyes, are way worse than employees. They're like the tellers at the bank, the cashiers at the drive-thru, and the mall cops of the enterprise world. They're twice as delinquent as any employee, I have no idea how they even got accepted into college, and I don't even want to think about it.  

I remember when I was once an intern. But I was spectacular. After my first week or so during my internships, I'd be getting job offers left and right. Of course, I denied them all, having the highest set standards, I knew exactly what I wanted. I highly doubt that any of my interns can be so structured.  

Why even think about it tonight.  

I washed up and decided to call it a night, Not caring about any of those unread messages and unlisted voicemails, and in the back of my mind, thinking of Jaime and what he planned to show me tomorrow.