Chapter 10- Confronting Chester Dembling

Tamila's Point Of View:

The next day I was quite overwhelmed, somehow the day had passed by so quickly that by the time I checked the time it was 5 O'Clock on the dot, and I was to meet Chester Dembling at Cosmo Hotel at 8. I had spent the day at my hotel's pool, and I was content to say I had gotten a very nice tan.

As much as I would have liked to stay at Cosmopolitian, it was for my own safety that I stayed at another hotel, still fancy but not as glamourous.

I walked into my hotel room and showered before raiding my suitcase to see what I would wear. Chester did say to dress fancy, so I settled on A midnight blue dress with my hair down, straight, and slightly wind-blown. I put a layer of makeup to look presentable.

Surprisingly, that took up quite some time and when I was finished the time read 7:26 and I headed outside to get a cab.

I walked out of the hotel's revlovling doors and whisteled, putting my hand in the air. Reluctantly, a cab pulled to the side and I entered.

"Where to, Ma'am?" I heard a heavy spanish accent say. The cab driver turned to face me, and when our eyes locked my breath hitched in my throat.

I knew those brown eyes anywhere. A smile spread across my face.

"Jaime?" I breathed, my lips parting softly.

He nodded, flashing me a pearly white smile that melted my heart more than the signature Chase smirk.

"I'll be your ride back, too. Now let's get you to that hotel."

I moved into the front seat so I could talk to Jaime easier.

"So why did you come out here?" I asked Jaime, turning my head to face him.

"Because you need someone to watch your back." He laughed at that one.

"How did you manage to get a taxi? I questioned him.

"I have my ways." He replied, not talking his eyes off the road.

"So, you drove all the way out to Nevada to help me out?" I pegged, a wave of guilt washing over me.

Ugh. Feelings! Why? I never felt guilty about anyone or anything. What is it with me? First I cry, then I feel guilty.

"My sister is getting married tomorrow morning." His eyes were glued to the road ahead, his tone slightly colder than typical.

"Congratulations."

"Why thank you"

There was a pause of semi-awkward silence before Jaime spoke again.

"And if you don't mind me saying, you look beautiful tonight, Tamila."

I felt the color rise to my cheeks, a grin spread across my face for a split second. "Thank you, Jaime. You don't look so bad yourself." I chuckled while slapping his arm playfully.

He tensed at my touch, swallowing before mumbling a shy laugh. Hum, strange.

"I'm wearing a shirt and jeans Tamila." He smirked slyly.

The rest if the ride was silent, until we reached the hotel entrance.

"Remember, Tamila, play along for now. Don't do anything stupid, and call me if there's an emergency." Jaime parked the taxi and faced me.

"Thanks Jaime, really, you're just..."

I turned towards Jaime and I realized how close our faces were, I felt my body shiver in temptation, however I was on a job, there would be time for feelings later.