Chapter 22- Dembling Vs. Gonzales

Jaime's Point Of View:

"I refuse to let you see this man ever again!"

Chester's nostrils flared as he glared at Tamila with the most disgusting possessiveness glittering in his eyes.

"I told you, he's fired. What makes you come to the conclusion that we will ever be aquatinted with each other ever again?"

Ouch, that one burned me.

"Why don't I believe you?" Chester pressed, eyes darting from Tamila back to me.

"Because she's lying!" I exclaimed, fed up with being the most silent one. "She and I both know very well-"

"You, Mr. Gonzales, don't know anything-" Tamila began but I wasn't going to hear it.

"I WARNED YOU!" I spat, shoving Chester's arm away from her and taking her small waist in my arms. "Don't you EVER say that to me. Dare you ever call me that..."

"Then what? What the fuck are you going to do about it, Mr. Gonzales? You're fired. Fired! Do you not get that through your incredibly dense-"

"Let her go, Gonzales. Get your filthy hands off my girl-"

I pushed Tamila close to me and kissed her with intense desire, proving to Tamila that I wasn't going to let her fire me, and to pretty much tell Chester not to provoke me.

And as I expected, Tamila instinctively responded to me, surprisingly not being defensive since that damn Dembling was in the room I felt his gaze burning into my back.

"Motherfucker!"

Tamila shoved me away, eyes wide with anger.

"You..."

"I what, Tamila?"

"You're doing this with terrible intentions, all this time you've told me it would be Chase or Chester to destroy me... yet all along it was your sad, sorry ass. And all this time all I've ever done was bring you to the top... Promote you and peruse your dreams... I've made you the man that you are!"

Tamila's eyes were beginning to look glossy but I knew she wouldn't dare she's a tear before us.

"And don't pretend it's love, Jaime Gonzales...don't you even say that word to me again." She shook her head and pushed her hair out of her face.

"You're the most conniving one of all. You're disgusting is disgrace, and nothing but a player, a liar, and mostly... an asshole."

The pang in my heart was much harder. She never saw that I was crazy about her, and I suppose being upfront like just now wasn't going to prove it her.

"You just don't see that I'm in love with you?" I asked softly feeling the brim of my eyes heavy beneath my eyelashes.

"You're not in love with her."

Chester stepped over and wrapped Tamila in a hug from behind. "I'm in love with her."

He had nerve to justify my feelings.

Tamila shrugged Chester off of her, spinning around to face him.

"You drop the controlling possessive attitude. And you..." Her green eyes met mine in a perfect stare that I never wanted to end.

"You get the hell out of my office, and this company. You have one week to clear out your office."

"This company will fail without me!" I snapped, fed up with the bull shit once again.

"I'm the source of success. I always have been, and I will always be. I can replace you with a snap of my fingers, I have the money and power to hire the greatest executives anywhere in America, or anywhere else in the world. Now get out." Tamila walked to the doors and held them open.

I knew I had to step out but I also knew it wasn't for good.

"You'll regret this. You'll want me back. And I'm gonna sit on my ass until you call back!" I yelled, storming out of the officer ignoring the stares as whispers of the office workers.

"Wasn't that new girl looking for him? What's her name... Margie?"

"Bet you 50 bucks they were on the desk. Make that 100."

"His tie is crooked. It's never crooked!"

Some whistled and made suggestive faces at me, and that's when I lashed out.

"I'm no longer part of this office you delinquents!" I menaced, sharing dirty looks at them all. "Keep your nose up your own ass!" I slammed the button to call the elevator and walked in casually before the doors closed. separating me from all the assholes, Tamila, and that despicable Dembling.

The elevator singed and I arrived in the lobby of the company. Walking out, I stepped in the fresh, polluted air of Los Angeles and headed towards my car.

As I walked I reflected of every moment since I was part of Tamila's enterprise, since she was once a friend of mine, and until now, when my feelings destroyed what we had.

I stopped in my tracks, turning around, admiring the beautiful glass building behind me that read "Oasis Dastanos Cosmetics." The wind passed through the buttons in my dress shirt and the honks and sounds of the cars and buses filling my ears.

I brushed off the feeling and proceeded to my car, where the only thought running through my mind was...

"Where do I go from here?"