Chapter 7- Dembling Discussions

Chase's Point Of View:

"Who?" I asked, not really caring.My brother Chester blurted out something about someone that was obviously not important enough for someone like me to remember. I was sitting in my hotel room, thinking about that pretty blonde I met on the plane. Our seats were a row apart, how unfortunate. She was my type, shy, sexy, and easily persuaded... oh the things-

"I said, Chase, tell me what you know about Jaime Gonzales, that guy that works with Tamila." My brother sounded aggrivated, as he sighed loudly.

"Her assistant?" I snapped out of my thoughts as the image of the man I despise were brought into my head. "The one who looks at Tamila like a lost puppy?" "So they DO have something going on!" My brother's tone of voice turned from angry to excited in a matter of seconds.

"What are you talking about Chester?" Even I was confused now, but aware enough that my brother had information I was not familiar with... and I needed that information, whatever it is, now.

"Jaime and Tamila are lovers I believe, brother." Chester spoke words I didn't think I'd hear, leaving me frozen like a stone. My hand touched my unshaved stubble, trailing my fingers down softly and slowly. What did I just hear?

"Chase!" My brother retorted over the phone. "Where you at, Chase?" "Wait" I questioned, "Did you just tell me that Tamila and her assistant are having an affair?" To say that I was shocked was an understatement, I was utterly mindblown.

"Yes, do I need to draw you a diagram Chase? Tamila and Jaime... there's something going on between them I think." Chester spat, frustrated with my lack of comprehension.

"And?" I retorted, trying my best to act like I didn't care, forgetting it was my little brother I was talking to, he could read me with his eyes closed.

"You know what, just drop it. If it gets serious, we'll bring it back up." Chester groaned before the click of the phone signaled he was done with this conversation. But I wasn't. I needed answers.

Why did I care? Tamila isn't mine, anymore. It was never meant to be that way, I wanted the company, I wanted the money, and I wanted her out of the picture. She was just a woman, I mean, I felt something with her, I guess when she touched me it turned me on, but I never saw myself settling down or getting married, especially having kids.

Then again, time's running out. I'm 34, running short on personal funds, and my credit's fucked up. I'm sitting here trying to overthrow my ex girlfriend and her multi-million dollar enterprise, getting the cold shoulder from my brother, and sitting in the midst of the mess I've created for myself.

What have I done, what am I doing, where am I going with this, and why of all exes, why Tamila? I know I said there was no connection between us, and sure, she was beautiful, I've dated models, barbies, and bombshells of the sort, but never anyone so classy, bold, and sexy at the same time. I've never had a woman quite like her.

Tamila...

I couldn't deny, she had for sure caught my eye. We met at a party in my rich friend's high rise apartment, I saw her standing in the living room, with a very elegant white dress, she was seductive without even trying. I didn't know her name, or who she was, all I knew was that I wanted her. I wanted to talk to her, see her smile, make her laugh, cast my spell over her...

*Flashback*

The sounds of glass clinking and muffled laughter filled the air, people dressed up, drinks in the air, music in the background, tempting foods and desserts scattered throughout Mark Middleton,my close friend and collegue's, modern New York City Apartment.

While I wasn't a fan of the Big Apple, as I much rather be in Los Angeles, The atmosphere was familiar enough to be called like home. Women were exchanging glances and smiles at me, my friends at the party laughing and conversing with me, it was just another good night with the guys. Until, of course, I saw her... White dress with an unfairly amount of skin visible, Perfect smile, Long, dark hair, tanned legs, glistening green eyes... she was sexy, yet composed, all in one, a package, her perfection was noted by everyone in the room, as they all turned to her, some girls squealing and giggling as they hugged her, and of course, the male population was quite intrigued, as they too apporoached her.