Chapter 19- Thoughts In Conversation

A/N: Wow' 1k Reads! Thanks. Here's an update. Comments votes and fans maybe?

________________

Tamila's Point Of View:

I'm back to being surrounded by the sounds of phones ringing constantly, keyboards clicking, and the sound of hustling footsteps around the office.

Earlier this morning on the way into the office I passed Jaime who was working by the fax machine with some papers. He seemed angry, as he was roughly pushing the papers around. We made brief eye contact, but nothing more.

What crawled up his ass? I thought to myself as I proceeded to my office.

I lay back in my large desk chair, taking in the surroundings and letting out a deep sigh. It had only been two or three weeks since my date out with Chester, and everything had gone well, that is, until we returned to my apartment and he seemed quite dazed, so I suggested he'd go home and sleep whatever traces of alcohol off.

I was surprised that he didn't give in. He was so vulnerable. He was almost innocent.

I hadn't heard from him since, rather than a good morning call, he'd now send two simple characters, "gm" through text. At night, he'd send "gn" and maybe he'd add a wink face. Maybe.

Don't get me wrong, I am the absolute farthest thing from a clingy type. Usually it's the men that cling to me like glue. But for some reason, I felt this need to be around Chester more often.

Maybe it's because you want to settle down now and just tired of sitting on your ass watching minimum wage employers do a half-ass job and just waiting for Prince Charming to come around.

What? Where did that thought come from? You're on your period, hun. It's the hormones. The technical and scientifically side of my conscience replies with a sarcastic attitude, much like my own.

Guess I should give Chester a break. He was, after all, an individual. Everybody needs their space.

Groaning, I returned to signing off some documents plastered on my desk, but a knock at my door pretty much put an end to that before it really even began.

I un-fogged the glass doors to find those once again familiar eyes staring at me with that deep, soft brown mocha. His shave was clean and he looked ravishing in dark navy pants and a white button down. He still seemed angry for some reason, and of course I didn't know, and I knew better than to ask.

Taking a deep sigh, I unlocked the doors and let Jaime in the office fogging the glass back up almost instantly to avoid further questioning from the employees, who were peeking over Jaime's shoulder.

"Mr. Gonzales-"

"Don't "Mr. Gonzales me, Tamila." I'm not handling this bull shit anymore!"

After that awkwardness a few weeks ago, I kept referring to him by his professional name, his last. I couldn't build the strength to say Jaime. I just couldn't. !

"What bull shit are you talking about? Just because I haven't emailed you the draft for the press release doesn't mean-"

I was cut off when my chair abruptly spun around and I was inches away from Jaime's far too handsome face, his arms pinning me down, resting on the arms of the chair. His eyes searched my face, different emotions flickering in his brown eyes.

"This isn't work related. And you know that. Stop lying to yourself. You know what you want."

"I'll tell you what I want, Jaime!" I tried to even my voice, it isn't exactly easy to try and act angry and think of a quick response when a certain sexy man is pinning you down.

"I... damn it! I want you to stop complaining! I haven't done anything that would require you to talk to me with such disrespect!" I lied between clenched teeth. I ultimately knew what he was talking about, but there was no way I would admit to it.

"He isn't giving you what you need. He'll never be what you expect him to be."

I gulped in surprise. How did he know this? "You don't know anything."

I seethed, starting to get angry. However he found out I'd never know but I didn't even care about it at the moment.

"I read it in your face, Tamila! Damn it, he's just a soft repeat of your past, that's what! You forget that I know you, and I know how you are, and pretty damn well." His eyes widened, staring closely into mine.

Now I was infuriated. "You can't just bombard yourself into my office and argue with me about my personal life, Mr. Gonzales-"

"It's Jaime to you!"

"Excuse me Mr. Gonzales, but you're not the one to tell me what to do! I'm Tamila Dastanos! I'm-"

"I said..."Jaime gritted his teeth, inching closer to my face. "It's Jaime to you."

He didn't bother for a response. He could care less for what I had to say. He wouldn't wait for me to answer. Why?

His lips were suddenly on mine.

He pushed his surprisingly softa lips roughly on my lips, a kiss drenched with sensualism. My only response was naturally to respond, which shocked me.

The kiss was still filled with anger and desire, but had traces of setting I couldn't quit out my finger on.

He kept at it continuing to kiss me with compelling passion, pushing my desk chair so fast it wheeled over to the wall and crashed emphatically on the wall, sending books and papers on a nearby shelf tumbling to the ground.

He released his lips from my mouth and focused attention to my jaw, where he lasciviously continued to kiss forcefully, his left hand caressing the side of my face.

This felt good. This felt right. It was as if Jaime was releasing his bottled emotions that he had been subconsciously containing inside. Both of us, since we both acknowledged these feelings to ourselves.

I moved his lips back onto mine, still as passionate as ever. I grasped his shirt collar and brought him closer to me. I must have pulled too hard because the top two buttons on his dress shirt went flying.

Jaime didn't seem to care. He kept kissing me without a care at all.

But then it was out of nowhere. Realization crashing down on me, I shoved Jaime's chest and pushed him off of me, sending him stumbling back.

His eyes widened in surprise, he bit his lower lip softly before averting his gaze back to mine.

I touched my fingers to my lips, which were tingling from the absence of Jaime's touch. It was almost as if something was missing without them there.

"Tamila-"

"NO!" I stood up off the chair and marched over to Jaime, looking into his eyes with sincere honesty. I had pretty much cheated on Chester. Jaime wanted revenge on me? Well he got it. That was one incredible kiss. I officially lost my pride.

I obviously wasn't using my mind when I spoke the next sentence. And I wasn't yet sure if that was a good thing or not. I glared at Jaime before speaking.

"Jaime Gonzales, you're fired."