Chapter 16- Anger and Addictions

Jaime's Point Of View:

I can't handle this, anymore. I was sitting in my apartment over-thinking everything, which was driving me over the edge. I was on the verge, but was suddenly pushed off by the trickle of thoughts regarding Tamila slip into my mind.

My fist made heavy contact with the countertop of the bar, a heavy, forceful pain spread through my hand, causing it to ignite fire instantly, sending the shot of tequila that was in my other hand flying to the ground, the sound of shattering glass filled my ears.

"JAIME!" My sister rushed to my side and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Hermano why are you doing this to yourself?" Havana had a look of concern washed accross her face, she raised her eyebrows in inquest, her eyes searchinig my face in attempt to put all the missing pieces together.

"I'm such an incompitent, Havana, I let it go!" I uluated as my fist once again collided with the countertop, except I was met with a shard of broken glass. I hissed as jolts of agony shot out through my hand, the cool sharp glass blazing a hot trail through my hand.

"Ombre, por favor!"* Havana's expression was getting angrier as she watched me wince with the impact of the glass on my hand. "Let me get something for that." She walked over to a cabinet and started pulling out antiseptics and bandages.

The pain in my hand spread and I hissed, introspectively cursing at myself for being so nonsensical in so many different ways, I could barely read the retrospect. In general terms, I am such an idiot.

Havana rushed to my side and began to tend to my hand.

"Jaime,you were coping with this fine earlier, what's gotten into you?" Havana wrapped the bandage securely around my hand, beforediverting her attention to my eyes.

"It's her, Havana. I can't see her like I have before, especially not with... him." The fire in my eyes was still burning brightly, I could see my reflection clear in my sister's eyes. "It all... happened so fast. One day we're just boss and assistant and the next we're confessing long hidden love, to take an unepected turn that she finds someone else.

"Who's him?" Havana asked.

"Her ex-boyfriend's brother, Chester Dembling." I cringed.

"The brother of CHASE DEXTER DEMBLING? Havana gasped. SHE DATED CHASE DEMBLING?" She squeezed my hand, sending the pain throughout my arm.

"Fuck, Havana! let go!" I yelped, annoyed.

Havana's loosened her grip but eyes went wide, her mouth hung open in pure awe."SHE DATED BOTH THE DEMBLING BROTHERS?" Havana looked at me like I had 50 heads or something.

"Yes" I rolled my eyes. "Chase was a dick to her, and now Chester claims to her he's quote on quote 'Not like Chase', and being that I took damn forever to make a fucking move or some shit, she let him into her heart." I swallowed hard, the anger penetrating through my body, once again, I felt an outrage. "I don't know why they requested to meet her in Vegas, that's where the problems began! I roared in outrage, my head pounding and heart racing with anxeity, a certain irristable craving crawled into me, sending me in an outrage. I needed it NOW.

I stormed over to my room, and fumbled through my nightstand, throwing things out of the way, not really caring where my shit flew until I found my spare lighter and a pack of cigarettes, practically running out of my room onto the small terrace outside my living room,I needed to calm down now.

I flicked the lighter and watched the little flame dance on the tip, the slight breeze making the flame swish back and fourth, until I touched the white roll to the flame and lifting it to my lips, the heat and smoke leaving my lips in a thin trail and floating up into the air and disappearing almost instantly. I watched the smoke disappear before touching my lips to the roll once again.

I sighed in relief before my mouth made contact with the roll once again.

"Jaime, no!" Havana walked over to me and snatched the ciagrette out of my hand, throwing it on the floor and crushing it under her heel, little sparks of gold fire flying out from underneath her shoe ."Stop doing this to yourself, you promise you'd quit..."

Now I was even more agitated. I needed to calm down and Havana wasn't helping me. She had always condemned my predisposition of smoking, despite her disapproval she didn't understand that I couldn't just drop the habit. I needed rehabitilation or some cognitive therapy.

But right now all I needed was a friggin cigarette.

"I whipped out another from the packet and lit it up before walking away from Havana, inadvertent of her attempts to stop me I ignored her.

She was following me through the house, yelling complaints and other nonsensicals that I payed no attention to as I proceeded to the front door of my apartment, I abruptly spinned around and slammed the door shut, seperating Havana and I.

Stepping into the mild air of the afternoon, I procoeeded to my car and sat in the drivers seat, just breathing the smoke and watching it fascade.

**

A few hours and a pack of cigarettes later, I hadn't left the position of my car. I had fallen asleep, because my vision was slightly blurred from the absence of light.

My head was pounding like crazy, the shots of tequila, topped with my anger and cigarettes weren't exactly doing wonders for me, and I was still aggravated, there were still traces of anxiety flowing throughout my body.

"Why all of the sudden?" I muttered with a heavy breath. "Now is not... I can't believe."

Years had gone by and I could handle being in Tamila's presence. It was just conceded Tamila and her state of the art style of running a high end company that I was proud to be part of, I wanted to change her ways with the employees.

Then something happens. This uncalled for change of schedule.

!

Suddenly he calls.

Him, the brother of the devil, Chase Dembling.

Him, Chester Dembling. With his good looks and devious manners.

She, Tamila, figured out she loved me right before he walks into the picture.

Now, that's gone.

Chester, he changed her before I could.

Now, she's his.

Now, the company is running no differently, but now the only thing left is newfound animosity and potential danger.

I groaned in frustration, my lips parting slightly as I let out slow breaths, the lingering stench of smoke wafting around my nose, the aroma so intoxicating and addicting.

Just like Tamila.

Something I crave, yet, menacing my health.

Something so...

Confusing.

But she's not just an addiction, she's my future.

She has to be. Otherwise I wouldn't be reacting like this.

Would I?

_______________________

A/N: Thanks for 500 reads! There's a new chapter and a new side of Jaime.

-AosLangeles