Chapter 6- Now Boarding Flight Misfortune

Tamila's Point Of View:

It had been a few days after I had recieved the phone call from Chester, and I had arranged to see him tonight at the strip in Las Vegas.

I wasn't completely sure why he requested to fly me out to Nevada but he ensured that it was for my own safety. Why he wanted to go to a place where people roamed around drunk, I was hesitant about however he claimed that nobody would reckon that we were there tonight because everyone would probably be under the influence of alcohol.

How could he sound so trustworthy? He was clearly hiding something. I just couldn't figure out what. He is after all one of the Dembling brothers, they're known for the tricks they have up their sleeves. Like Chase's coniving ways with me. He played my heart, now I'm convinced his brother is finishing the job by playing my safety.

Chester had told me to alter my appearance so my identity would be even more secure, in which I also obeyed. I'm not thinking this whole thing through. And I'm just afraid I'm going to regret this.

**

I walked into LAX with one suitcase in my hand and a clutch purse in the other, large aviator sunglasses on and a long short dress with wedge sandals, apart from my daily professional appearance I tried my best to hide my identity as I made way to airport security. My hair was flowing messily with an uneven part, and my usually brown hair was now slightly longer, dyed with blonde, an ombre style I never thought I'd do. Buta change is sometimes for the better right?

When studied my reflection earlier that morning I almost had to do a double take. I looked different. I didn't look like myself.

Still gorgeous as I always am, just different. It was almost like a new Tamila. But one I could get used to. Same personality, sophisticated new style. I liked it. I liked me.

Too caught up in my thoughts and not paying attention to my surroundings I abruptly turned a corner and bumped into someone, sending him stumbling over onto the ground.

"I am so sorry, are you alright?" Wow even my voice sounded different for some reason. I dropped my suitcase to help the man up by reaching my hand out, he had suffered a good ol' faceplant on the ground, which I took the blame for.

As he stood up, he took my hand in his as he set his feet right on the ground, his face finally coming into view. His too familiar brown eyes stared into my sunglasses as he flashed his perfect breath-hitching smile, the one that caught my attention in the first place.

His hand was still in mine, and I felt myself stiffen. The same old stubble on his chin, the dark hair still intact on his head. Small headphones around his neck and a grey sweater completed the simple look that even though it was so... boring it was so... indescribable. He eyed me up and down, still smiling, and for some reason he didn't let go of my hand. The coffee mug he had in his hand was leaking coffee, he set it to the ground, not taking his eyes off me for even a second.

Same old Chase. Same old playing.

"Well aren't you my saving angel today beautiful?" he lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it softly. "Love finds itself in strange ways." He played with my fingers, eying them. I was too in shock to move. He just had that effect on women. His voice dripped with sensuality, his touch igniting the same sparks it had the very first time.

There's the catch. His ways make me feel like a teenager, the ones who get all giddy over the guy and can't wipe the stupid smiles off their faces once they start talking.

I knew I was blushing, I felt the goosebumps all over my skin, my lips were running dry as my tongue kept running over my lips. Maybe it would be ok to date Chase again, even if its just for- What? NO! Stop yourself, Tamila, he's playing you like any other woman, he doesn't know its you! Or Maybe he does? Chase's sickly smooth voice snapped me out of my thoughts.