Chapter 21- Putting Together The Pieces

Macy's Point Of View:

I walked away from that very uncomftorable situation with Tamila in her office, ignoring the weird stares from people in nearby cubicles. What was it with the people in this office? They honestly had no lives. They were sticking their noses up everyone's ass.

But Tamila was hiding something. I'm good at reading that kind of stuff. I just wasn't sure what.

I made way over to the elevator and pressed the bell to send the elevator to the floor when I heard someone call my name.

"Macy Schneider?"

Since I was fairly new to the office, I didn't know voices or names well yet.

I turned around to face the voice. And that's when his face was clear.

He was tall with dark chestnut colored hair and a fair skin completion. His eyes were a light shade of brown. He was dressed in simple jeans and a white polo, yet he looked exquisite. He was just as I remembered. He's only aged a bit, if any.

"Chester Dembling? I haven't seen you since-"

"Since high school, yeah." He smiled at me, and pulled me into a hug before releasing me and smiling again, that same smile from years ago that brought back those same memories..."

*flashback*

The first day of school was always a tough one for me. Growing up, my family always moved around constantly, I never really had a stable home or long term friends. So here, he held out the same hope that I wouldn't be leaving San Francisco for a long time.

I walked into the school and walked to my first class, according to my map and schedule. I was determined to make this whole year... or as long as I would be here, the best yet.

Lost in my thoughts, my body collided with another sending us both tumbling to the ground.