Chapter 23- My Boss And I

Tamila's Point Of View:

Arriving home to my glamorous apartment was the most relief I've felt all week, despite the memories engraved in my mind for the rest of eternity.

As for Chester, we agreed we'd talk once I was calmer. Ha, oh Chester.

Reality was that I sincerely regret firing Jaime, knowing the inconveniences of my incredibly un-thoughtful decision.

He was, un doubtfully, my most respectable employer. I've said it more than enough times already. I just didn't understand his sudden disrespect towards me.

I know he lashed out at me with a lustrous demeanor, his emotions popping the bottle with a distinct anger, that came over to me.

And of course I couldn't deny the mutual sentiments. There was no possible way I could convince myself otherwise.

I was in love with Jaime Gonzales.

Yet if I were to convey these expressions to Jaime, he'd take them every step to his advantage, regardless if he felt the same way, or if he so called claimed he did.

However the way he shattered my pride was more damage done than any other to me before.

His ultimate goal was to bring me down.

I didn't need to hear it from him to know it was true.

Slumping over to my kitchen, I decided to break one of my own established rules.

To drink the problems away. But why alone?

Grinning to myself, I decided to call Mark Middleton. He was in LA this month for sure, he'd never pass up an opportunity to have a glass of wine with an old friend from college.

I picked up my cell and dialed Marks number, leaning against my kitchen counter casually and carefree.

"Middleton enterprises, this is Mark speaking."

"Mark, it's Tamila, I-"

"Shit! Tamila, look, this is going to sound crazy, but we can't be communicating until I get things sorted out. I'm really sorry, I-" Mark's voice was frantic and his breaths were in short, rapid huffs.

"What are you talking about?" I was confused and slightly scared at my friend's sudden fear.

"One man. Chase Dembling. We will sort this out. Until then, know I never wanted to hurt you, you're one of my closest allies, partners, and friends. Also know that Chase and his entire family line is untrustworthy slime. Work with you soon."

And with that, the phone call ended. This was nothing like Mark. He was always composed and upfront I never being shady and secretive. I bit my bottom lip. Normally when this random chaos occurred I'd call Jaime. But now... dare I even think his name.

I couldn't believe Chase was still on my ass. It was almost like he was so infatuated with me that he despised it so much he used it against me. I wasn't going to worry about it since Mark was always on top of things. He's never let me down, and I can easily say likewise from my perspective. If Mark got himself into this mess, he'd surely make his way out of it.

My doorbell suddenly rang, which cleared my thoughts away, which surprised me and scared me at the same time. I walked to the door and took a look through the little peep hole just for a sense of security.

My eyes widened when they met the ones of the young mischievous boy I had fortunately, only had the "privilege" of being aquatinted with once.

I swung open the door to fully stare at him. His low hanging jeans touched the tip of his converse, large headphones around his neck finished off his "look," including a tight red Abercrombie and Fitch shirt, which showed off his actually decently defined arms. At least, for someone of his age.