Chapter 9- We're Not Done With The Drama Just Yet, Darling

Jaime's Point Of View:

My ears were deceiving me, for sure.

There was no way possible.

My boss was in love with me? I'm in love with her too but, feelings don't just spurr out so suddenly. Clearly Tamila's emotional state was screwed up. How could she admit that so easily? She never even admitted that to Chase! Sure, I am in love with her too, and I'm pretty sure I always have been its just that I've just tried not to admit it, but regardless, it's true. Holding it back was diffucult, but now here is my chance.

I don't see her as a daughter, I love her with, well, I don't know. I love her with something.

I just didn't know how to phrase the way I felt about her situation. I forgot she hates being referred to as a child, I guess that has something to do on a personal level that I dare not ask about. I know that we are much apart in ages, however now is the moment that I thought I would never go through. Here I am, sitting in my aparement in LA, while my boss is in Nevada, in danger, yet we are on the phone confessing our feelings towards eachother.

"That feeling is mutual, Tamila. Ever since day one." I spoke in my best english, trying to maintain composed, though my my heart was beating strong. The level of drama was so cliche I nearly felt like I was stuck in a chick-flick dream.

There was silence on the other end of the line. I didn't even regret what I said I just fazed by the entire situation, sort os unable to process the entire concept.

"I guess then, well... where do we go from here?" Tamila's sweet voice sniffed over the line. My face lit up as it was time to see if taking us a step forward would change our relationship status.

"There's something about you too, Tammy. It means that when you get back, we're going to talk this out, and come clean to eachother."

Looks like I borrowed Tamila's self confidence, no wonder she had a slight break down.She hadn't answered me and I was starting to feel anxious. Perhaps she was drunk, sleep talking or overly depressed. No no, she never gets drunk, she sleeps like a rock and she's ruthless but never depressed.

She breathed out softly. My hand was slightly shaking as I proceeded to put the phone down on the coffee table beside me, setting it to speaker. I slid my hands in my pockets, and I felt the familiar cold metal come into contact with my warm clammy hands.

My lighter.

Ugh, why did I feel the urge to smoke? The stress was consuming me, and even more so when Tamila's voice came again through the line.

"Jaime, I will accept this request under one condition."The level of excitement was flowing through me.

"What conditions, darling?" I asked Tamila while trying to even my voice, still shaken by this whole scenario.

"You help me with Chase and Chester. You watch help me out, you get tthat promotion.I heard the ego in her tone of voice, yet it was so sensual even with the slight linger of her sniffling.

"Looks like we've got a plan." I ran my fingers through my hair before smiling like a fool. "Now lets talk details." I smirked before taking my lighter out of my hand and throwing it accross the living room where it landed perfectly in the trash.

Step forward.

***

Nothing went as I planned. About an hour later, Tamila and I combined my plan to make Tamila a better person and Tamila's so-called knowledge of the reason why she's in Nevada to meet Chester, and we came to a conclusion that Tamila would play along until the very end.

That's where I come in.

And that's a surprise.

"So we're done with the drama of this huh?" Tamila laughed lightly, her soft vocals echoing through the phone. "We're not done with the drama just yet, darling." I chuckled. "Here's where it begins."

"I meant the drama between you and I, Jaime."

"Yeah, that's over, darling."

Tamila's Point Of View:

My heart was fluttering after I ended the phone call with Jaime. That was the most, cliche, touche, out-of-a-movie scene I've ever went through. He had feelings, so did I, and we were going to sit down like our professional selves and discuss these wild winds of emotions.

And I was actually content with it.

Jaime and I realized that I had to take percaution, meeting a Dembling on the strip wasn't always the safest thing to do, but I had to take this chance, I was intrueiged by what Chester had in mind, did he want to model for our cologne line?

I vaugely remember Chester's features, I mean, Chase was without a doubt extremely hot, and I remember Chester having some looks too, but I just couldn't picture him in my mind. Not that I want to remember the Demblings. They already played enough a part in my life.

I yawned, tonight's been quite the night. I set down the notes I took on the phone with Jaime and decided to crawl into bed and fall into a good nights sleep. I'd need it.