Chapter 11- Taxis, Trouble, and Talks

Tamila's Point Of View:  

Jaime was not one happy camper.  

I had jumped into the cab and Jaime sped off before I even had the chance to close the door, his expression was hard and stern.

I, on the other hand, was shocked by my actions. I wanted to kiss Chester, I heard the sincerity in his voice, and I see it in his eyes. Gone was the guilt he had displayed earlier, and only true sentimental was left. True admiration and care.

It had been so long since I had a boyfriend, since Chase broke my heart. Maybe I could let Chester in, he was handsome and all, but what about the man driving the taxi, my friend and employee, Jaime?

" I really, truly, honestly, don't know what to say, Tamila."

Jaime broke the silence, his tone of voice stern and fierce, I could almost feel the fire.

"What did you see Jaime?" I said, my lips quivering slightly from the tension in the air.

"I'll tell you what I saw. I saw you,my boss, my BOSS." Jaime swerved a corner sharp, jerking me to the left.

"My boss, and the brother of her ex, the BROTHER, who are setting you up, you kissed him. You actually kissed Chester. In front of me. And Chase!"

Jaime raised his voice and ran a red light, earning us multiple honks.  

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE DRIVING!" I exclaimed, frustrated at Jaime's reaction, why was he so mad over a kiss?

"Like hell I care! And to make matters worse, you said you loved me just yesterday, and I confessed that the feeling was mutual. You don't understand do you, that I, Tamila Dastanos, I am, and always have been in love with you?"

Jaime slammed on the brakes and parked in the lot in front of my hotel, the rubber of the tires squeaking loudly.

We sat in silence, both of us staring ahead. I couldn't find the strength to move or speak. I didn't know what to say to Jaime, in all due respect we did have feelings for each other, but we were unsure how to express it in the midst of this mess.

"Tamila Dastanos." Jaime turned to face me, and looked me in the eyes so sincerely, I knew he would ask me the question. I know it was time to set things right, he would turn this all around, this drama would end right here, right now.

"Get out of the car." He ordered.

Well that escalated quickly...

"We'll discuss this in the office next week. Good night."

I was dumbfounded, however I proceeded to exit the car before turning to Jaime.

"You know how I am, Jaime. Good night." I managed to choke out before stepping out of the taxi.

I slammed the taxi door shut and made my way to the entrance, with each step I took I breathed in and out deeply, shaken by the events of tonight, my knees felt week and my feet sore from speed walking in heels.

My hand reached the doorknob of my hotel, I tried to turn it but suddenly, I was spun around abruptly, my face inches from Jaime's.

"Why is everything happening so damn fast?"

Jaime's breath fanned my face, his Spanish accent thicker than ever, I could barely make out the words. "This isn't reasonable, this isn't right, and this doesn't make any sense, however we got ourselves into this mess were going to have to get ourselves out the same way."

My eyes were squinted shut and my lips pursed in a thin line. I shivered under his presence, my heart racing in paranoia.

"Forget everything. Tomorrow, I'm...I'm taking the first flight back to LA, I'm going back to the office, and carrying on. You, Jaime, I order do the same. This conversation... This night... These feelings... They never happened. Failure to obey me will result in your new job, at the unemployment line."