Chapter 15- Game On Gonzales

Tamila's Point Of View:

Everything in time seemed to slow back down again. My focus remained on my job, like always, which I was grateful for. Lately no more unexpected surprises, I could breathe a little easier.

And so far, being Chester's girlfriend hasn't been so bad. He'd pick me up from work every day and drop me off home, which I actually appriciated. We hadn't gone out or anything yet, and the media so far hasn't submerged themselves in our personal lives. At least as of right now.

However there was still trouble in paradise. Things between Jaime and I weren't on best terms. We barely spoke, and he not once made eye contact with me, which I despised. I can't stand when someone refuses to look me in the eye, it, like crying is a sign of weakness. He'd drop off papers outside my door instead of bringing them in like he always does... or, always did.

He was frustrating me, that was for sure.

Currently I was submerged in a pile of work, sending countless emails, making multiple phone calls, preparing various speeches... long story short, I was pretty busy. By the time my hour lunch break rolled around I was completely exausted, and I was in a lazy state, I didn't feel like going out for any reason, so I just decided to go to the cheap cafeteria in the office building. Ok, so, maybe it's not cheap its just adequite. if you know what I mean.

I brushed my now straight hair to the front of my face and fixed myself a little bit, in twisting my dress pants and button up.

I walked out of my office, locking the doors and proceeding to the elevators, I didn't feel like walking 5 flights of stairs in 6 inch pencil heels when there was no need.

As I passed by cubicles of workers, they all stared at me, some whispering things to eachother, others smiling and saying hi.

"Miss. Dastanos!" A voice shouted from behind me.

I turned to face a young woman, most likely my age. She had short dark hair and blue eyes, and she seemed really confident. Most people struggle at confronting me. I see why, they feel intimidated that they aren't nearly as important as I am, but this girl was very upfront.

"Hi, you are?" I smiled at her, I liked her already, which was rare for me, I was selective when it came to friends and close co-workers.

"I'm Macy, Macy Schneider, I'm a new product represenatative, I was hired by Jaime Gonzalez a few months ago, But I was in Florida, so I couldn't start until today." She beamed. "I just wanted to formally introduce myself to you, I've always admired you, I'm truly honored to be working here."

"Why don't you join me for lunch, Macy, we can get to know eachother a little better?" I suggested.

"I'd be more than happy to!" She said.

People stared at me in shock, since I was being so open.

Let them look, they're not worth my time.

**

After selecting food, her, some large sandwich and I being my more than necessary health-concious, a side salad, decided to sit down at a table for two.

To my impression, we skipped the small talk. She was a pretty bright girl, for only being 21, and in many ways she reminded me of myself when I was around 17, mature and very open minded.

Our conversation was inturrupted by a hand on Macy's shoulder.

'Hi Macy, how are you on your fisrt day? I see yoe've met the boss, Ta-"

That voice.

Jaime's eyes met mine for the first time in about a week, we stared at eachother, solemnly without any traces of emotion coming from either of our eyes.