Chapter 13- Chased By Chase

Chester's Point Of View: *Two days ago at Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas.*

"Chester. Samuel. Dembling." Chase repeated my full name, which was never good sign. His eyes were darkening with every second that passed, his jaw tightened, the wrinkles under his eyes were even more pronounced. The night air was filled with the usual humidity of Vegas and the sounds of clinks and laughter, traffic, and cars rushing around. Yet here I was, pressed against a telephone pole with my brother merely seconds away from physically attacking me for what just happened.

"ANSWER ME!" He roared, clenching my arm in his hand and gripping with an imperial amount of strength. My back was shoved harder against the telephone pole, causing a jolt of shock. I gasped, my mouth slightly parted as I breathed heavliy.

That only made Chase seem angrier, as he inched his face closer to mine, his beer tinted breath replacing the oxygen, making me nearly lightheaded.

Damn, he was more than pissed. He was infuriated! However I just couldn't get that last intimate moment out of my mind.

Tamila. Ah, I needed to control my drives towards her.

If the multiple shots of tequila I had before she arrived didn't get to my head, I don't know what did. It made no difference if I was sober or under influence all I knew is that I admired her, in every way possible.

Think about it. How probable could it be that within less than an hour of melodramatic events could I have established an allurement towards my brothers ex, and the woman I'm supposed to eradicate?

If it weren't for the agonizing burn around my arm I would still be floating around in my galaxy of thoughts.

"CHESTER!" Chase shoved me harder, the cold metal from the pole behind me broiling through my skin. I clenched my fists to my sides in effort to neglect the pain, but failed miserably as I let out an involuntary groan.

My brother's eyes flared in anticipation, awaiting for an explination. I remained silent, glaring back at him, giving him the hint that he wasn't getting any information out of me. His breathing intensified, the scent of alcohol reeking from his mouth even more so than earlier.

"WHY DID YOU KISS HER?" Chase flared, his grip on me stronger than ever. "ARE YOU DENSE? I SAID DELUDE HER WITH YOUR WORDS NOT YOUR MOMENTOUS FEELINGS AND DESIRES!" Chase's voice tuned out the city sound behind me, and from the looks in his eyes we were nowhere near done with this conversation. He took his other arm and gripped my left wrist forcefully, awaiting my explanation of what occured minutes ago.

The only thought that suddenly came to mind was, why wasn't I defending myself? He surely wasn't getting an explination from me now, I couldn't explain the "first sight" feeling towards Tamila. He would never understand, he never loved her. Maybe her assistant did but the emotion I upheld overpowered everything in that moment.

It only took a swift instinctive moment before I forcefully lifted my leg and kneed my brother in the shins, sending him stumbling back. His hands released my arms and wrist and I did the only thing any reasonable person would do.

Run.

I sprinted down the strip, my dress shoes not completely helping me with my acceleration. My breathing esclated with each step I took, trying to manuver my way through maze of people roaming around the strip.

"CHESTER!" I heard Chase shout from the distance behind me.

I turned my head while still running, seeing my brother dashing down the strip behind me. His usual curls were a mess and his face was noticably red even in the dark. His teeth were gritted, his eyes were narrowed, and he was getting closer.