Epilogue

Tamila's Point Of View:

*one year later*

Click click click rinngggggg. Some things never change in the office. The sounds of people racing around me office are still as prominent as ever, and the flashing of the media's cameras are back and still as aggravating as before. 

Wait, things have changed in the course of this year, so, let's start from where we left off...

Chase was now in federal prison for up to 3 years, which was actually much longer than what I had pictured, but none the less he got what he deserved.

As for Chester, I finally figured out what was going on between him and Macy, they had known each other in High school and decided to resume their relationship, which was completely fine with me, as the lust between us faded away within the blink of an eye, and what was left happened to be a very strong friendship between us two.

If you're wondering about Miguel, he hasn't changed one bit, he's still as perverted as ever, and has actually gotten an internship here at the office, and has actually proven to be a strong worker, and surprisingly, an excellent artist, so I won't be surprised if he gets a full paid job here in no time.

If it isn't obvious, everything's back to normal... the employers are still screwing the simple tasks over, and people always stare at me in the office wherever I go, but there's one thing that's changed.

Jaime.

The two of us seemed to need no words to confirm where we stood, as actions said it all. There's a powerful connection between us two, and now more than ever. He's not only my assistant, but, the one person that I know I'll never fall out of love with.

**

I was the last one in the office, it was about 9 at night and I had just shut off the lights and was just getting ready to lave before there was a knock at my doors.

I was confused, assuming that everyone had left I walked over to the button on my desk and un-fogged the glass, revealing Jaime, standing at the door with a single rose in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other.

I smirked before letting him in and locking the doors behind him.

"Hola beautiful." he smirked seductively. "I brought something to drink." He sat the bottle down on my desk, moving some papers out of the way.

"We have no glasses to drink from, Jaime."

I laughed before walking over to him and pulling him into a hug, his strong cologne filling my nose with his intoxicating scent.

"Out of the bottle it is my love." He grinned before stepping back and reaching for the bottle, his fingers working to snap the top right off, no opener needed."

After a few sips between us both, Jaime sat the bottle back down, he turned to face me, his dark eyes sparkling with the faint street lights peering through the window behind my desk.

"I have a question for you, Tamila."

"What would that question be, Jaime?" I smirked at my retort, leaning back in the desk chair behind me.

"I want you to close your eyes."

"That's not a question."

"Close your eyes first, then I'll ask you the question."

"Why do I have to close my eyes for you to ask me a question?" I bit my bottom lip to keep from laughing.

"Don't bite your lip like that, it's driving me crazy. Now close your eyes."

Giving in, I closed my eyes and awaited whatever it was that Jaime was prepared to ask me.

"What would you think if I told you I would always be here?"

"Be where?" I played dumb, covering my eyes with both hands to prevent me from peeking.

"You know, always the one to look out for you."

"I'd believe you, like always, you promised that a long time ago when you first started working for me."

"I know, but I mean, what if I promise to be by your side forever."

My breath hitched. Where was he going with this?

"I'd believe you..." I drew out the words slowly.

"I'd want you to. Now open your eyes."

My eyes fluttered open and Jaime was no longer sitting in front of me, but in front of the desk, there was a little black box, sealed with a red velvet ribbon.

My eyes widened in shock as I felt hands rest upon my shoulders.

"Tamila, turn around."

I faced Jaime wide eyed; he was grinning like I had never seen him before.

"For us, words aren't necessary, only actions. My actions are on the table Tamila."

I reached for the box and lifted it off the table before opening it, revealing a huge, shiny, silver diamond ring.

My eyes were even wider.

I stood up and flung my arms around Jaime before kissing him with force and abruptly pulling away.

"Tamila... Will you-"

"No words!" I cut Jaime off with the biggest smile on my face. "You already know the answer."

"I do." He smiled at me before kissing me again, sealing the deal.