Chapter 5- Frustration, Confusion, And Anger

Jaime's Point Of View:

I was relieved to say the meeting had gone well, regardless of the fact that I was the only man in the room, and the women were eyeing me strangely, others in awe, which distracted me the whole time, trying to clear my head at the fact that these women were more interested in my biceps than what I had to say.

Tamila had come into the office later on, after about 3 hours stuck in traffic, and as hyper and scattered as she seemed she still looked perfect.

The time had fell to when my day at work was over, and I decided to bid goodbye to Tamila as I knocked on her French glass doors.

Her back was facing me, but changed to turn around when I knocked, letting me in.

"Jaime I'm staying here an extra hour to make up for what I missed." She stated simply, while running one hand through her luscious mob of thick, dark curls.

"Alright, just wanted to tell you that tomorrow afternoon you have the interview with Forbes at noon. Did you find out the Chester person or do I have to follow up with him?" I asked Tamila as her eyes bored into me.

"We're friends right?" Tamila suddenly switched topics.  

"Of course." I told her hesitantly, not sure we're she was going with this.

She took a step closer to me, like she was going to walk past me, except her left shoulder touched my right, and she turned her head to face me, her eyes traveling from my eyes to my shoulder before softly speaking words I'd thought I'd never hear.

" He's Chester Dembling. Chase's younger brother. And he wants to discuss... business." Her cool breath touched the skin of my neck,  casuing me to tense,but she continued talking, clearly not noticing.

"I'm meeting him tomorrow, and I think he wants me to go into contract to be in relationship with Chase again, since the media dragged out breakup down...  I just need someone to trust this whole way through, and I'm hoping that person could be, you?

Her words left my frozen in capability. How could he? How could she? How could they both agree to this?

"Now weren't you supposed to show me something today?" She cocked an eyebrow, completely changing her tone of voice, and not even giving me the chance to finish.

Shit. The presentation.

"Uh, I'll leave you to your work, after work tomorrow, I have to run some, errands. Yes. Errands. Mail, food, gas, that stuff. Ok?" I nervously backed out of the room before saying good night one last time, leaving before I had the chase to hear Tamila answer, running to the elevators, and then to the parking lot where I surprisingly sped very fast home in a rush.

What is this that I am feeling? I knew I should have talked to this Chester guy, how could I not notice he resembled Chase? I don't think I've ever been more confused when it comes to work.

**

Later that evening I stood back on the rooftop of my apartment complex, watching the clouds of smog like I always do, just thinking, but this time without a cigarette.

If Tamila were to be publicly in this relationship with Chase he could seriously try to overthrow her and ruin her reputation and career like he initially planned to. And Tamila, for being a smart woman, was completely blind to what Chase is, and has been, trying to do all this time. He was playing Tamila as a game.

A game.

"Thats it." I breathed to nobody in particular. Tamila's perfect world was blinding her from the real world. Instead of trying to soften up Tamila, I'd have to make her pull a Chase. I was going to turn Tamila into a female version of Chase.

Sassy, seductive, and even more self-centered. I'd develop a plan to overthrow Chase and his job before he could lay his hands on our enterprise.

Chase wanted to play games right? He told me I had something coming, and he was right, except for the fact that this time, it's not going to be to his advantage.

I smiled to myself as I leaned on the railing, very content with what was in line to come, and as I looked up into the sky, I became aware that the clouds of smog moved to reveal the stars, and for a brief moment, I can recall the stars written out the word "hope" in a scrpitive manner. 

Tamila's determination was rubbing off on me. I guess I should begin working on the new presentation, the old one just won't do.

Chase Dembling, watch your back. You too, Chester. Your days of handsome faces and sneaky attributes are coming to an end.

**

Hours later, I had managed to prepare a 15 page plan and a half  hour power point presentation for Tamila. She needed someone to trust, and that would be me, the two of us would team against the Dembling brothers.

Since I didn't know much about Chester, I did a little... research, if that's what you'd like to call it.  I learned that he was a model and actor, figured, since Chase was in that field he could have easily gotten his brother into the world of famous people and fat lifestyles. Chester had been on covers of all kids of magazines and  movies, and he was relatively around Tamila's age, about a 3 year difference,  unlike Chase and I, who weren't even born in the same 10 year period as Tamila. 

Just like Chase and Tamila, I could easily see Tamila and Chester together, which I strongly feared, all the criticism she would recieve for being in a relationship with the brother of her ex, would that be considered professional? Would people approve? Would she be able to uphold her position of power? Way too many questions, if only people didn't want such an insight on her personal life.

And it occured to me, how did she even meet Chase? it was probably at some exquisite Hollywood event she was invited to as a guest.

Was she so desperate to find love again that she would go back with the man who treated her as she was nothing? Or even play his conniving brother? Couldn't she see that I'm sitting right here, doing all I can to make her realize that she's the right one for me?

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thanks for the reads. More to come. Picture of Chester to the side.

- AosLangeles