Seven: Stranger Danger & Detention

Sydney

The color of the sea.

It consumed my thoughts as all I could see was Jaycen's brilliant sea-foam eyes as they became darker every second.

Were his eyes getting dark or his pupils getting larger? Wait isn't that like little red redding hood? No...that's what big eyes you have. Stop. Stop thinking Sydney.

I bit my lip as I felt my heart start beating faster than before. Our lips were no more than inches apart from kissing Jaycen.

Stop thinking? No, you clearly aren't thinking! This is Jaycen Freakin' Ward, A.K.A. Mr. Popular, A.K.A, the guy who likes to get into girls' pants. My trance faded. It was like something just came over me, and Jaycen was consuming my thoughts.

Turning my head away I asked advertently, "So, anything come to mind you want to share?"

It was difficult to act as though we were not intending to kiss just seconds ago.

He cleared his throat and ran his hand over his dark hair. "Oh yeah. Um, I might need a second to think on it. Mind if I ask you some questions though in the meantime?"

I shrugged despite not really planning on playing get to know one and other.

"What's your full name?"

"Sydney Elizabeth Watkins."

"Weird last name," He commented.

"Thanks..." I said questionably.

He quickly corrected himself, "No, not in a bad way."

"Okay, what about you?"

"Jaycen Peter Ward."

"Hmm." I was surprised by the simplistic, "Ok, next question," I persuaded.

"Alright, what's your favorite movie?" He looked at me waiting patiently for an answer.

"Hum...It's a tie between Pirates of the Caribbean and Day After Tomorrow, those two are masterpieces!"

He snorted, "Neither of those would be my first choice but okay."

I faked a glare, "Fine what are yours?"

"Us would be highly ranked up there, followed by maybe the newest Marvel movie, and Goonies is my go-to pizza night movie."

I grimaced realizing how much I loved all of those films too.

Jay grinned at me knowingly, "What's your favorite animal?"

"As cliché as it sounds, wolves."

This seemed to make his smile grow even more, which caused my heart to stutter.

Snap out of it Sydney! I yelled mentally to myself.

"What?" I asked Jaycen recovering from my breathlessness.

"Nothing, those are just my favorite animals too."

"Oh," I said, warmth flooding my cheeks.

Why am I acting this way!? You're supposed to detest him for recking the theater set...though maybe it wasn't him, the thought swept through my mind but I tried to ignore it, and for goodness sakes, he's just a freaking guy. A jockish brute of a guy.

"You're adorable when you blush." He cooed leaning in closer to me.

Once again I found myself feeling a tug towards him and I was falling into his chest. But, before I attacked him with my lips I quickly came to my senses.