Forty-Eight: New Interest

Jay

"So who is going to the conference with Robins?" My father asked from across at his dense oak desk.

The options were my father, Terrence, or myself but seeing as I was on edge when dealing with Terrence I automatically said no to him going.

"Whichever you want Alpha." I answered in a deep professional tone.

"Why don't you go and talk to Sydney. See if she wants to go with you. It might throw their track off of her by going to someone else's pack."

I nodded pensively at my fathers' suggestion.

"I'll go talk to her now if I am excused," I informed him, rising from my chair.

"You're excused." My father granted.

Before I left the room I turned to my father who already found himself buried in paperwork.

"How is that boy doing?" I asked referring to Sydney's 'friend' who got shot and was now laying in our doctors' care.

"Brendon," My father supplied. "He is doing better, still in a coma but better."

After the last time, I saw him his injuries were worse then we had originally thought and he fell into a coma.

"Alright."

"We need to interrogate that Elliot. We need to find out about that boys' sister and his brother's plan." My father told me. "We'll plan that for tomorrow, or as soon as he is done with his training with Sydney."

I nodded once again in agreement.

"Well that's all for now, tell Sydney I said hello. Oh! Your mother told me she wanted to have dinner with you and Sydney sometime soon. So we can properly introduce ourselves."

I mentally groaned at that. "Alright, I'll tell Syd."

After that, I pushed my way into the hallway and found my way out to the backyard where my second to worst enemy helping the love of my life learn how to be a wolf. Something we should be doing with her. My wolf warned.

I agreed with him but it was proven that we couldn't control ourselves around her even if we were newly mated.

But he and his wolf should have no right to touch our mate.

A growl escaped me as jealousy consumed me.

The thought of him touching my mate made me pick up my pace.

Opening the back door I raced toward my naked mate, furious at her state.

That was until I saw she was staring off, tears clouding her eyes. I followed her line of sight and saw her friends Emmery and Megan staring in shock while Elliot stared at Emily like she was his sun.

"Sydney," I called catching her attention. I stepped in front of her guarding the view of her flawlessly naked body. Thoughts of the night before flashed in my mind.

Her eyes quickly found me panicked pulling me from those thoughts. "Jay! W-what do I say?"

"What the hell is going on here?" Emily said sounding on the verge of tears.

"Em, can we take this inside?" My mate cried sounding scared as ever.

"I don't know, I mean I obviously you could care less about being honest with me so why even ask?" Em said snarkily, she shot me a glare.

"Just listen to her Emily. Elliot, walk them in will you. Sydney and I will be right in and explain everything."

Even though Emily and Megan looked angry and reluctant they listened to me. It probably had a little something to do with the mass of my alpha resonating from me.