Thirty-Two Part 1: Cafe's Blondie

Jay

It was 5:32 p.m. and I was waiting for Sydney to come down the stairs all dressed up for her gig.

The sound of footsteps broke my thoughts. I looked up to see Ash mockingly acting like a glamourously dressed woman.

"Oh Jay! You look so dashing! Tell me how beautiful I am!" Ash said in a high-pitched voice pretending to flip his hair.

"Oh fuck off." I said slapping the back of his head as he walked by.

"Ow Jay!" He cried.

Just as I went to swat him again I heard the sharp sound of heals coming down the stairs.

My eyes snapped to my beautiful mate.

Sydney wore graphic outer space tights, along with a loose black tank top hugged her chest then loosely flowed around her body, and her hair was up in a messy bun. She wore ashy purple eye shadow and for shoes, she wore high-heeled boots. A necklace with a purple stone hung around her neck while on her wrist was five ties with a plaque engraved with a word on each.

"Damn, Star."

"What? Do you think I look bad?" She asked concern and horror playing on her pretty face.

"Goodness no Star, you look fucking amazing! You are, breathtaking."

Blushed flowered over her cheeks. "Thanks," She whispered back to me as I wrapped my arms around her waist loosely.

"You sure you're ready for tonight?" I asked.

Looking up slowly at me I couldn't help but see that she was looking at me the way she looked at Logan in my nightmare. Pushing away those thoughts I focused my attention on her.

Nodding her head she said. "Yep yep."

Chuckling at her I planted a kiss on the top of her head. "Okay, then Star."

"Now, we need to go to Mat's place then pick up my guitar."

"Why don't you just use the one we gave you?" I questions.

She gasped and pushed me away lightly. "You did not just suggest that I perform without my Vale!"

"Huh?" I worded.

"Valentine, her guitar. C'mon Jay, keep up!" Ash yelled eating a chunk of French bread that my mom had set out for dinner.

"Yeah Jay! Keep up!" Sydney joked.

After scowling her I said, "Whatever. Let's go and get this over with."

☽✣☾

Sydney

After picking up my guitar and swearing to my mother that I would be back later, we arrived at the Café which wasn't a standard café. It felt more like a bar feeling to it, but it was downgraded for teens like us.

Jay walked me backstage just to make sure nothing happened to me on the way there.

Once where I needed to be I sat in a tall chair and faced Jay. "You okay?" I asked.

He had been much more quite then he normally was.

At first, he nodded yes that he was okay, but then he looked me in the eye and sighed.

"No I'm not."

Brushing my hand through his hair I asked, "What's wrong?"

Then something hit me. What if he didn't want me to be his girlfriend anymore? What if he realizes how stupid it was to even entertain the idea of dating me? I'm going to be sick.