Thirty-Five: Mother, Son, and Searches

Jay

After I attacked Sydney I laid her on the ground and brushed her golden locks out of her precious face as her eyes looked on me with terror.

"I'm sorry Star, the pain will be over soon my little Sunshine. Just breathe Star."

What the hell am I doing!? I cried to myself.

Her wide olive eyes started to leak tears as she stared up at me in fear.

"You will soon understand why I had to do this to you soon Star."

Bending down further I laid a kiss on her forehead.

"We will meet again my Love," Jaycen

Cupping the back of her neck I carefully placed her head down to the grass.

Standing up I looked down to her one final time before I turned and lost myself in the forest.

The sound of wolves behind me became louder as they ran towards Sydney.

A tear fell from my eye, but I quickly whipped it away.

"I will save you Sydney. I will let my brother do no harm to you." I whispered not on my own accord.

Everything faded and the sound of a monitor beeping became clear along with a deep aching in my stomach.

Opening my eyes the ceiling above me was a subtle textural white.

Inhaling, a breath filled my lungs.

"Jaycen, I see you're finally with us." Terrence's father, Robert Smalls, said looking down at me.

I was in a hospital bed, but I realized it was the one at our packhouse. There was an IV sticking out of my arm and a clamp on my finger for my heart monitor.

"Where's Sydney?" I growled trying to push myself up.

"How are you feeling? Any aching or any pains?" Robert said ignoring my question while pushing my shoulder lightly to have me lay back down.

This angered both my wolf and me.

"No. Where is my mate?" I said with authority ringing strong in my voice.

"Son, you need to calm down," Robert said pressing a hand firmly down on my shoulder.

"Where's my mate?!" I demanded, feeling my eyes start to glow and my fist started to ball.

"Jaycen she's not her-"

I shot out of bed before he even finished telling me where my mate was.

In the bed beside me laid the boy who got my mate captured. My wolf pushed forward and I felt the urge to rip him to shred in his unconscious and vulnerable state, but I knew that it was a dick move to take him out like that. Plus we needed him to help us understand what He was planning.

Not sparing another glance at the boy, I stormed down the stairs as I felt my wolf starting to lose it.

My mother, father, and some of my pack mates gathered in the dining room leaning over our large table talking.

"We will still have wolves patrolling our grounds, but most will be dedicated to the search for our future Luciana." My father instructed.

"Sir, where are we going to focus our searches on? We have no clue where she could be." Some male inquired making my wolf both happy that our packmate was eager to find his future Luciana, but at the same time suspicious of alternative motives.

I need to get a grip of myself. Second-guessing everyone's motives isn't going to help us find Sydney.

"We have been searching all cell phone records and have been going through all credit cards used by person's driving mini-vans or vans that fit our descriptions in a fifty-mile radius of where we found Jay."

"You haven't found her? How long have I been out?" I growled out through a clutched jaw.

My father sighed before answering me. "Two days, Son."

"What the hell do you mean?! What was wrong with me? Why didn't I heal faster?"

"You were exhausted, and you couldn't heal because your mate wasn't around..."

Before I even realized what was happening I threw my fist right through the wall. Anger was consuming me, fears were eating at me, and my wolf was picking at me.

"What went wrong with the plan that night?" I demanded threw a growl.

My father looked slightly to the ground giving me the power this time.

"It seems someone told our wolves that were guarding the door Sydney went out and was ambushed at, to leave and that we had captured the boy helping Logan and his brother."

"Who told them that?" An edge accompanied my voice.

"That's another problem. Whoever did it ordered them to not say."

"What?" I asked, very confused now and it was agonizing me more.

My father let out a sigh. "I looked into it and found it is a power that a white wolf can develop the ability to override a wolf's alpha's command..."

"Are you saying that we have another white wolf in our pack?!" I asked furiously for not having this knowledge beforehand.

"Possibly, but it's more than likely Logan or his brother's men is the white wolf."

Before I could say anything else the front door snapped open followed by a woman talking. "Where is my daughter Mathew! I know you know."

"Mrs. Watkins, please! Let's talk about this outside." Mat begged following her in the house.

"Mom! Stop, you don't even know who lives here! Let Mat explain what he knows!" An unfamiliar male voice called.

She stopped in her tracks when her eyes fell on us.

"Mrs. Watki-"

"Mathew, please explain to me where my daughter is." The women asked deadly calm.

Mat looked over to me for an answer.

"Son, you should tell her." My father said, deciding for all of us.

Looking to him then back to my mother who nodded in agreement.

Swallowing down the nerves and shock of what I was about to do, I held out a hand to her. "Uh, Ma'am, I'm Jaycen."

"Silva, I'm Sydney's mother, and this is my son Aaron."

Aaron had almost bleach blonde hair that skimmed down to his eyes that looked just like his sisters. I could see the resemblance and that cut into me.

"Do you know where my sister is?" He pleaded.

"Sit down, this may be hard and take a moment for me to explain."

☽✣☾

EDITED JUNE 26 2020