Thirty-One: Dreams, Kisses, and Fear

Jay

It had been 33 hours since Sydney locked herself in the music room of our house.

She had come out for meals and to talk to her mom on the phone. Sydney's mother had been hysterical, and it took everything Sydney could do to tell her mother she was fine and was sorry for not being more clear on where she was. She used the excuse that Mat was having home issues and Sydney had been helping him out. I felt my stomach flop when her mother asked if Sydney and Mat were together. Sydney vehemently denied this, saying she would stop by home soon and to please forgive her.

Now, it had been five hours since Mat went up there and started helping her.

My wolf and I were very anxious to see our mate. And Mat being locked in a room with her, without her wearing my mark or even my scent made it worse.

I heard a door closed, followed by footsteps coming down the stairs; finally, Mat appeared down the stairs. "Woah, she's out of it. She finally passed out onto the floor. Literally, she dropped asleep. I put her in bed-"

Before Mat realized what happened he was dangling in the air by his throat. "You laid your filthy hands on my mate?!"

"I p-put her in your b-bed." Mat chocked out grasping at my wrist.

Releasing the hold on his neck I gave him a warning look before looking back to my parents, Terrance's family.

"So how is Sydney performing with that fucker going to help us bring Logan and his buddy down?" I asked again.

"Sydney will get the boy liquored up and hope he slips." My father said nonchalantly.

"But what if it goes wrong and he hurt her?" I said letting out a growl.

"Son, she knows the risk. She's doing this for y-"

"Jay." A small voice asked.

I turned and saw Sydney standing at the bottom of the stairs rubbing her eye like a sleepy little girl. Sydney solely wore my lacrosse jersey, which hung large around her small figure. Tights covered her legs.

"Jesus," I whispered feeling myself start to develop a problem by just looking at my sexy mate.

"Jay, will you come uh, come up with me?" She flashed everyone a smile.

"Of course," I said taking long strides to my golden-haired mate.

Brushing her hair behind her ear so I could see her beautiful face, and brought her chin up with my finger.

"Don't be embarrassed, Star," I whispered.

She blushed and nodded.

Looking around me she said, "Good night."

"Night Syd," Mat called

"Night Top Eleven." Ash perked up.

Others said, "Good night."

Hopping up the stairs in front of me I followed Sydney all the way to my room.

I went to close the door but left it open a crack to make Sydney feel more comfortable. I turned to see Sydney crawl into bed and then turned at watched me watching her with her olive eyes.

Walking over to her I sat in bed beside her and pulled her into my chest. "Hope you don't mind. I've missed you."

She nodded against my chest.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" I asked her softly, my lips moving against her silky hair.

She nodded first. "Yeah. I think so. It's just hard to believe that one of my close friends is in Kahoots with the enemy."