Thirty-Six: Running

Sydney

The phone finally stopped ringing after Logan called thirteen different times. But just as his phone calls stopped, it started pouring down rain outside our vehicle. The rain pelted down heavily on the roof and windshield adding to my mounting nerves.

"We are going to have to ditch the car soon. They will be on to us in a matter of hours." Elliot said glancing at the clock in the dashboard.

"Okay, so what do you suggest we do? And you do realize it's raining up storm right?" Just as the question left my lips, a cord of lightning cut through the sky in the distance and thunder rumbled in procession.

"What's a little lightning and thunder?" He joked. "We'll drive a few more miles, hide the car, then run to the closest phone and call up your mate."

"Why not call him now?" I gestured to his no silent cell.

"Logan has his resources and will be able to pinpoint our location."

"What are we going to do after that? Just stay there? Mean, how far away from Jay and my pack are we?"

I completely ignored my use of 'my pack' in that sentence.

"We are two states away..." He said quietly.

My eyes bugged out and my jaw nearly fell open. "Di-did I just here the words 'two states away' come out of your mouth?"

He grimaced at me before turning his attention back to what little of the road we could make out in the rush of water downpouring.

"Ye-"

The ringing came back causing us both to jump in our seats.

Looking at it the caller ID read 'Sasha'.

"It's Sasha, should I answer it?" I asked attentively.

He shook his head and didn't even spare me a glance. "No, it's probably Logan trying a different angle to get us to answer."

"Oh,"

"Yeah oh, now look for a good place on the side of the road where we can hide the car."

I chuckled softly, leaning forward in my seat to better scan the area.

"What's so funny?" Elliot asked looking between me and the road.

"This isn't exactly what I would call a car, mean is a hulking chunk of SUV."

A small grin appeared on his lips. "Thanks, smart ass, and you are doing a terrible job of looking for hiding spots, just to let you know."

I scowled him briefly before looking at the bushy and tree infested surroundings. After about twenty or so minutes down the road, I found the perfect spot for the SUV.

Elliot parked the car then we climbed out and covered it up with fallen branches and sticks nearest to us, just to disguise it the best we could with the little time we had.

"You ready to shift?" Elliot asked his blonde hair painted in rain.

I looked to him with disbelief in my eyes.

"Uh...I'm not all to swell in the shifting department. In case you forgot, I haven't been a wolfie wolf my whole life, I'll need a moment."

Elliot frowned, but almost immediately perked up. "I guess I'll just have to teach you. Take off all but your panties and bra...Well unless-"

Chuckling high I said, "Not going happen, buddy. Give me a second, I'm sure I can make this work on my own."

Yanking off my shirt and pants I tossed them at the bag lying on the ground beside Elliot.