Forty-Five: Make-Up Dinner for Four

Jaci

"Soooo, you two've made up?" Sydney sought from my bed watching for my reaction.

I blushed before turning back to search my closet for the perfect outfit to wear on my first official date with Terrence.

"Yeah, I guess you could say something like that..."

"Does Jay know you guys are going out tonight?" She prodded, inquisitive.

I frowned at the mention of my older brother. The other day I didn't expect him to go off on Terrence like that. I mean I understood why and I love my brother to death but I knew I just needed to let Terrence in or I would never be truly happy. I just wished my brother understood that and would allow me to grow up and not be his baby sister anymore.

I am a grown woman who can make her own decisions.

"You know your brother is just hurt and angry...he'll come around eventually." Sydney said comforting knowing that my silence meant I hadn't told him.

Sighing I sat down beside her, a red blouse crinkled in my hands. "I know I just feel horrible...I mean I pretty much destroyed my brother's relationship with his best friend since they could walk. Me, the dorky little sister who's had a crush on her big brother's best friend, breaking one of the strongest things the world talks about; Friendship."

My brother's mate pushed herself up to a sitting position saying, "Wow, okay now don't go getting all Shakespearian on me now. Here I maybe kinda sorta have an idea. How about instead of you two going out I could oh-so coincidentally be making dinner for oh say four-" Oh no, my wolf thought about her Luciana. "-and I'll invite you guys to come join me and my 'plus one'. Then we can talk things out there." Sydney schemed very innocently.

"I don't know Sydney...I don't like the thought of Terrence or my brother getting hurt and jumping them both like that doesn't seem the brightest..."

"I'll be there to supervise and so will you! See I think we can pull this off." Sydney said giving me a look that meant no matter what I said she was going to pull this thing together. Seeing that I wasn't won over she said, "If it makes you feel better I'll take all credit!"

I sighed, "Alright alright, put this sucker together."

She leaped off my bed and squealed in joy. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

I laughed at her, glad to see that my brother got such a wonderful mate.

"Well, I have an awesome mate too," Terrence's voice came through my head.

"Yes you do," I answered smugly.

I heard him laugh through our ever-growing bond, "So what are you and that mischievous Cinderella planning, babe?"

I laughed nervously, "Well you see..."

☽✣☾

Sydney

Sizzling filled my ears as I mixed the stir-fry I was preparing for my plan of awesomeness. I was still coming up with an official code name for this entire plan.

"Smells good Cinderella,"

Turning around I saw Terrence leaning against the doorframe watching me cook.

"Well, I hope so. Is Jaci ready yet or is she still dressing up for you?" I asked finishing stirring the food and placing the spoon down.

Leaning against the counter I saw Terrence was wearing dark jeans and a button-up shirt. His blondish hair was freshly trimmed and gelled back slick. Overall he looked really polished.