Twenty: Conversation With a Wolf

Jay

After we went back to the little deck platform in the tree and retrieved our clothes Sydney shifted back and got dressed back into the very sexy outfit. I stayed in my wolf skin and nudge at her hip once she was dressed

"What is it, Jay?" She asked softly petting my head.

I purred and leaned into her welcoming hand.

Jay, can I-can I talk to her while she's in this form? My wolf asked me.

Of course. I said softly to my wolf knowing this is one of his biggest dreams in life. To talk to his mate.

Some werewolves' didn't like their wolf half talking to their mate. Whether it be because of fear of embarrassment or just because werewolves usually kept their halves separate, many people had their excuses. I was never opposed to the idea of my wolf talking especially to our mate, granted I didn't think I'd find my mate till much later and under much different circumstances.

I mean you're kind of the reason she and I are connected. I told him.

I loosened my power over my wolf a little more.

"Sydney," My wolf said roughly into Sydney's mind.

Sydney flinched slightly at the shock of another voice in her head.

"Hello?" She asked back aloud.

"I-I'm Jay's wolf."

She smiled and sat down in front of me.

"That's freaking insane! You do sound a little different than Jay, I noticed it earlier when my wolf talked to you."

My wolf nuzzled his head into Sydney's belly, savoring the feel of her.

"Jay and I are one of the same, but yes we have differences."

"How come you are talking to me and what happened to Jay?" She asked.

My wolf whined and dropped his head fearful of disappointing his mate's human side. I didn't interfere.

"No, no. I don't mean it like that Puff, I mean it like why didn't you talk to me before? I thought you would be talking to me more in wolf form because that's kind of like um, your comfort zone per se. I mean like I didn't even know you could talk, mean I thought you could in wolf speak, you know like barking an-"

"Darling, calm down." My wolf said soothingly. "And Puff?"

"You're-you know all puffy." Using her hand she made an estimate of how big I was.

My wolf bobbled his head around. "I know what you mean though. Why didn't I talk to you before this time because I was in my natural form?"

Sydney nodded.

"It's because I kind of need permission to talk to you from Jay a-"

Sydney frowned. "But why would you need permission from Jay? Aren't you guys like 50/50 enabling the body? Wow, that just sounds strange."

My wolf gave her a goofy smile. "I understand what you mean, and yes you have the right idea but kind of mixed up. Werewolves are humans with an animal soul. Because of that Jay was the original or I was later added, so Jay has more power over us. In short no, it's more like 60/40."

"Ahh, that makes sense, now enough about Jay what about you? What's your favorite food?" Sydney asked.

My wolf chuckled. "Rabbit, and you?"