Forty-Nine: Secrets Revealed

Tether

He was driving me insane with his plotting to avenge his mate. I might have been fine if it was anybody else, anyone a little less insane, but Logan has a huge problem. That problem was he killed his mate. Logan needed to stop fucking with himself and realize that it was his fault.

I glared at Logan at the helm of the table yammering on about his plan to take out Jaycen and his mate. The meeting including a few of Logan's most trusted men to scheme out 'his' plan in taking Sydney.

One man asked how this time would be different from the last. Logan simply answered with, "My idiot brother won't be here to screw us over."

That was the end of that conversation.

Now here I was pacing in my bedroom thinking on how to help this pack.

The first thing that needed to be done was Logan needed to be overthrown. I could care less if his parents were the best alphas' to have ever ruled the Fallen Pack, Logan was insane. He needed help and the only assistance he could have got was from his mate -who's five feet under.

We deserve to be alpha. My wolf growled in anger and shame of our current alpha.

Indeed we do. I told him.

And that was what we intended to do.

I was going to seemingly help Logan capture the girl that everyone was raving about, then I was going to chain him down and rip that girl's heart out to show him he had no power over anything. Then I would spare him from life without his true love and snap his neck peacefully. Respectfully.

I may not like him now, but once upon a time, we were close friends when we were younger. He wasn't always insane. We grew apart after he discovered his mate who couldn't shift. I hadn't heard much from him in those times, he was obsessed with the girl.

It wasn't until the whispers that Logan had triggered the war reached me in the aftermath of all that death that I refocused my attention on my old friend. After hearing the truth of the war that killed so many of us and the Blue Cresent pack, I swiftly made it my duty to deliver him his peace.

My thoughts were broken from the ringing of my phone. Walking over to my phone I picked it up and saw my mate was calling.

"Hello Jasmine," I greeted.

"Oh babe, do I have some news for you," Jasmine insisted.

☽✣☾

Jay

"Hold the milk and cookies. You are telling me you, you, and you are werewolves?" Emily asked pointing to Sydney, me, and Elliot-whose eyes were locked on Emily. I watched him out of the corner of my eye a little concerned with his attention being locked on Sydney's human friend.

Having just finished telling the girls everything from the night they pulled the prank on my team until now Emily and Megan were still reeling. Sydney seemed almost numb to the situation, but I didn't know if it was from her friends finding out or from our conversation from outside.

"Yes," I answered on behalf of our werewolf trio.

"Okay, and you and our girl here are mates, which is wolfie soul mates?"

I knew I had made a face at the description that Emily supplied but confirmed, "That is correct."

"And you-" Emily pointed to Elliot, "-you bit Sydney and she miraculously changed into a wolf-a white wolf which is like a super freaking awesome wolf?"