Chapter 5

Elijah sat next to Adelaide, watching her sleep while waiting for something to happen. They wanted anything to happen, as long as it was good.

Elijah sat there, watching her. He had awoken only a few minutes before, he had woken from a dream of the past. They were running in the woods when they stopped laughing. He looked at her, with a smile. She hadn't said anything of them kissing, yet Elijah had kissed her in his dream. It felt so real and he was grateful for it. He didn't know if she wanted him like he wanted her.

He started to wake Adelaide when he saw the time. Nearly seven-thirty in the morning. He imagines she'd want to be awake for when the doctor made its rounds and if he wasn't wrong, they would start soon. 

"Adelaide, please wake up. Love, please open those beautiful eyes to me." He said, gently shaking her shoulder. 

A soft smile graced her face and she opened her eyes to him. "Hello, how did you sleep?"

"Wonderful... I had the most beautiful dream." He explained.

"Was it a memory again?" Adelaide asked, sitting up a bit.

"I don't know... We were running and laughing. I stopped suddenly and you crashed into me, I turned around..."

"You looked in my eyes and you kissed me." Adelaide finished. "That was my first kiss. It was the day before that feast in the village. The one where you danced with Tathia all night and Niklaus had to watch."

"Why did you let me when you knew I wouldn't be with you?"

"You loved me. I knew you did. I loved you and you loved me, I was hoping that maybe one day you would see that and leave Tathia... Not essentially for me, but for your love."

"I would've. My dreams, they felt so real... They all do. I could feel my love for you. "

"Did you... Is it different now that you are awake?" Adelaide asked.

Elijah thought about it. "No, I still feel the same. I love you... But do I still know you?"

"No, and I know that I don't know you. I love you, Elijah, always have and always will... Perhaps it is better, though, to get to know each other again."

Elijah smiled softly, and touched her cheek softly. Adelaide, loving the feeling of his hand on her, leaned into it and closed her eyes. "I think it would be best, indeed."

And so the rest of the morning was spent. In the hospital room with each other, Elijah told Adelaide how he remembered certain stuff and she altered it until it was the truth. Elijah smiled every time and saw how it made so much more sense.

At the end of the morning, nearly midday, Meredith Fell came in to look at Adeline.

"Adelaide, maybe it's best for you to go home, eat something and get some sleep. We'll call you if anything changes."

Adelaide looked at Elijah, who agreed with the doctor. "The doctor's right, love, it would be better for you to eat and get some sleep."

Adelaide knew it would be stupid to fight the both of them on it, so she stood and took her stuff. It was then that she noticed she was still in her gown and Elijah still in his tux. They must have looked ridiculous when they walked through the hallways to the parking lot.

Elijah opened the cardoor for her and Adelaide smiled as she got in.

She got out of the car when they arrived in front of the mansion. Elijah, who held the door open for her, held her hand when she got out. He walked her to her own car, which still stood there from the night before, which reminded him. 

"Adelaide, can I ask you something? It's about last night." 

Adelaide turned around, surprised by it but she nodded anyway not being able to say 'no' to him. At least that hadn't changed. "Yeah, of course." 

"Last night, you told me not to drink from the champagne, I already sipped it, but why couldn't I?" 

"Magic. I noticed it immediately. The drinks were mixed with magic. Blood-magic. I have no idea what spell but there was definitely a spell." Adelaide told him. 

"Well, as I said, I already sipped it, yet I feel nothing." 

"Magic isn't always something that takes immediate effect. Most of the time, it needs time to take effect." Adelaide explained. "If you can get me a bit from that champagne from yesterday, I can find out what spell was used though." 

"I'll get it to you as soon as possible." Elijah promised. 

Adelaide smiled. "That'd be great, thank you. I'll be going now... I really need to get out of this dress." 

Elijah stepped back and looked at her from top to toe. "No, you don't really need to get out of it, it looks good on you." Elijah smiled at her as he looked up. "I'll see you soon, for that drink, huh?" 

Adelaide nodded, opening her car. "Yes, you will. See you soon." 

"Bye." He told her, holding her door open for her. Once she was in, he closed the door. He stayed in the driveway until he couldn't see her anymore, or until she couldn't see him anymore. 

When Adelaide got home, she quickly got out of the car and rushed to her room to change. She loved this dress, so much but she really wanted to get out of it after nearly two days. 

I got out of my gala dress and took out a red dress and nude heels. I was taking off my make up when the doorbell rang. I put down my wipe and ran down the stairs to the door. 

Standing in front of me was Elijah, with champagne and a lot of candles. 

"Hi, thought you could- Wow..." He breathed out. 

I looked down with a blush. He didn't look bad either. 

On the contrary. 

He looked absolutely gorgeous. He looked like Elijah. She couldn't wait to be wi-

Her thoughts were cut off when she felt lips move against her own. Elijah... was the only thing in her mind as she locked her hand behind his neck. 

Apparently Elijah couldn't wait anymore for them to be them, because he was the one who pushed her against the door when he closed it behind him. 

Happy New Year! Here's my treat for you!