Chapter 31

After Adelaide had seen the whole place, she decided to go see how Elijah was doing in the bayou with Haley. What she saw wasn't exactly what she expected. Hayley had Elijah's head on her lap and he loked rather cozy. There was nothing essentially wrong with that and she knew that he was hallucinating but she could see he was in his right mind and the way he was looking at her, it made her believe all the cruel thoughts that innvaded her mind.

"It doesn't look too good, does it?" A werewolf next to her asked.

She turned to see a slightly older, blonde woman standing next to her. "No, it doesn't."

"You know, there is nothing..."

"He did it before, I guess I'm insecure like that. Sometimes I think I forgave him too quickly." She confessed. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"I'm Eve, Adelaide."

"How do you-"

"The witches may not know you but I do. We do. You shouldn't be afraid of those two together." Eve assured her.

"With all due respect, Eve, you don't know Elijah like I do. The way he looked at her just now, he doesn't often look at people like that."

"Don't-"

"Don't worry, I won't leave him. At least not now, not yet." She smiled. "Why do you care?"

"He's good for Hayley and Hayley needs it." Eve said.

"You know, right now you are telling me to be okay with the fact that I may become just the mother of his children... not his wife."

"Are you engaged?" Eve asked.

Adelaide chuckled humorlessly. "No, we aren't. It's all he could talk about, though."

"Ade-"

"Don't. When you see them, if you see them, tell them I was here but that they seemed too cozy to be disturbed and that I will see them at home. I need to go."

Adelaide knew she was acting jealous, but how could she not? It hadn't been too long ago since she had lost him to Katherine and how he was with Hayley now... Of course her hormones were part of it as well.

WIth Vampire speed, she sped over to her car which she took to downtown New Orleans. She quickly walked into the church and up the stairs to Davina. With a small smile she knocked on the door and waited for the girl to open it.

Soon enough, the door opened to reveal Davina. As soon as she saw who it was, she got a big smile but once she saw how Adelaide was looking, her smile fell.

"Hey, what is it?" Davina asked, stepping aside so she can enter.

Taking the invitation, she stepped in and smiled at the teenage witch once she was sat on the bed. She sat down with her and took a deep breath.

"I'm scared." Adelaide admitted.

With a frown, Davina asked, "Of what?"

After that question, Adelaide started telling her all about it. She started by how she fell in love with Elijah while he was with Tatia and how he did still show he loved her just not like that. Afterwards, she told her about Katherine and how she had lost him to her a few months prior. She just told the whole story of who they are. She ended with what she just saw.

"I'll-"

"do nothing." Adelaide said. "Do you mind if I stay here for a bit, I don't want to go back yet. I could help you with some spells if you'd want."

"You know, after that one spell Elijah gave me, he never came back. He didn't come back to stick to his word." Davina admitted.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, he never came back to give me another spell. I haven't heard of him, ever since. So, essentially, he broke his word."

"Bu- That's impossible. I've seen him take several pages out of his mothers grimmoire and go out afterwards. If he wasn't bringing them to you, to who was he bringing them?" Adelaide asked.

It was already early morning when she got a text from Klaus. She had spent the night at Davina's and they woke early to get to work. It was clear to Davina she wasn't leaving her attic any time soon but when she would, she wouldn't go to her house either.

Bekah betrayed me. Us. Tried to kill me. Come home. -Klaus

With a frown, Adelaide answered. Sorry. I'll be there in a sec. Going out of town afterwards. -Adelaide

Okay. -Klaus

"Hey, Davina? I have to go and I'm going out of town afterwards but promise me something?" Adelaide requested, getting off of the bed.

"Sure, what is it?" Davina asked, knowing she was right when she thought that Adelaide wasn't going to go to Elijah anytime soon.

"I want you to keep working on your magic and if something's wrong, call me or Cami, okay? I know you've become fond of her so she will help me but I expect you to contact me every day because I want to know how you progress, okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I will. Where are you going?"

"Don't know yet but when I arrive I'll let you know." Adelaide said. As she passed the side of the young witch, she kissed her cheek before running to her car and driving to the plantation.

Just when Elijah and Hayley arrived, as did she. She saw them talking cosely in his car. She couldn't handle it anymore, so she flashed inside the house wrote a quick note to Klaus and packed a small bag before flashing out again. As she passed the car Elijah and Hayley occupied, she saw them still talking. They hadn't even noticed her.

She was back in her car in a second and started the car. She had driven past them when they finally noticed them. She could see Elijah get out in the rearview mirror and saw he was about to come after her when Hayley got out and stopped him. Of course she did. Why wouldn't she? Now that Adelaide was gone, she had Elijah all to himself.

She took her phone and connected it to the car before calling Klaus.

"Adelaide, where are you?" His voice came, worried. "Elijah just informed me he saw you drive away."

"Yeah, I left you note on your desk. I'm leaving for a bit but don't worry, I'll be back soon." Adelaide assured him.

"What happened?" Klaus asked, worry becoming more obvious in his voice with the second. "Where are you going?"

"Doesn't matter where I'm going. I'll be back soon." Adelaide said before hanging up.

She felt bad. She knew she was overreacting but she couldn't help but feel insecure about it. Elijah had left her before so she wouldn't put it past him to do it again. He was an honorable man, no doubt about that, so he would pick up responsibility for his children but it still hurt that there could be a chance that he won't be by her side to help her raise them.

She dried the tears that fell when she thought about it and looked forward again, focusing on the road. She couldn't think like that and she knew only one place where she could take her mind off of things.

Home.