Chapter 9

In the woods, Rebekah realized that the two are gone and took of. She quickly found Adelaide but without Elena.

There were two ways in front of them.

"You go that way." Adelaide said, pointing left, "and I'll go that way." She said, pointing at the other way.

Rebekah nodded and took off, Adelaide doing the same.

" You can't hide, Elena!" Adelaide heard Rebekah scream, she also heard Elena trip and fall. "Not sure why I'm feeling under the weather. Must be your boys trying to find a loophole. Won't matter, I could chase you down on my worst day."

Adelaide giggled, knowing the blonde Original was right.

Elena got up and got to the entrance of the cave with the Native American drawings. Rebekah grabbed her from behind and kept her firmly against her.

"Boo!" Rebekah said in Elena's ear.

Adelaide heared it all and started running that way. Elena headbutted Rebekah and jumped into the cave.

"You little bitch!" Rebekah spat.

Rebekah tried to enter the cave bit couldn't just as Adelaide walked up to Rebekah.

"What the..." Rebekah said.

"Sorry, no Vampires allowed. But I'm sure you can send Adelaide in to end me." Elena said. "Maybe it'll stop the pain from her betrayal."

"I didn't betray you, Elena, to betray you, I need to be in on the plan and actually say I agree! I didn't! I never did nor will I ever do that." Adelaide said, not making a move to enter the cave. "You're trying to kill the man I love! The family I love and you expect me to be okay with that? Well, I'm not, Elena. It isn't fair to them. They aren't the bad people you make them out to be. Not to everyone."

"Oh yeah, what about Klaus and how-"

"You dare say one bad word about Niklaus and I'll end you. I don't care if it is time or not. Niklaus isn't the bad guy here, he isn't some monster. You make him out like that but he cares. He cares about family and friends... you're just neither. Ask Caroline if he's really that bad, she'll tell you he's not. You made him like that."

"He made Stef-"

"He made Stefan realise who he really was. He told Stefan to drink humanblood because he's a Vampire, it's what we do, we drink human blood. He never told Stefan to become the Ripper he sometimes is."

"What we do?" Elena asked.

Adelaide nodded. "Yes, Elena. I am the monster everyone talks about." Adelaide lets her Vampire face come out while doing a spell on the candles scattered across the room. "I am the half Vampire, half Witch hybrid."

Elena took a step back and shook her head. "No." She said and kept repeating it.

After a while, Rebekah told Adelaide to hide for a bit as she goes to get something. She returned as Elena had grabbed a flashlight and was looking for an exit when she saw Rebekah with a canister full of gasoline.

"Elena! Let's pick it up where we left off." She told the döppelganger.

"What are you doing?" Elena asked as Rebekah had thrown some over her.

Rebekah pours some more over the rest over the cavern and spoke, "Thought I'd shake things up a bit."

"Are you insane?" Elena asked.

Adelaide leaned against the rock wall and shrugged. "She prefers spontaneous."

"As a matter of fact, I do. It's probably why Damon likes me so much." Rebekah pointed that last to Elena.

Elena ducked in time when Rebekah threw the cannister at her which makes it hit the back wall. While Elena slowly stands up, looking at the wall and the cannister, Rebekah took out a match.

"Here's what's gonna happen." Rebekah said, throwing the match to one side of Elena staring a fire, "You're gonna come outside." Rebekah throws another match in, looking at Elena. "Or you're going to stay in there and burn."

The fire burned itself out and Adelaide stood up. "The next match is landing on you. So, Elena, how does it feel to know that these may be your last moments?"

Elena looked at her before turning at Rebekah. "I don't know, you tell me, Rebekah. You're the one whose mother's trying to kill you."

"You should be very careful what you say to me." Rebekah warned.

"You're still wearing her necklace." Elena pointed out.

"Do you want it? Is that your last request?" Rebekah asked before she ripped off the necklace and threw it at Elena. "Here. It's all yours."

"She's not doing this because she hates you, Rebekah." Elena attempts to explain. "She told me that she...she just doesn't have another choice."

" Spare me your pity, Elena. We're not girlfriends. Want me to prove it? Just say the word." Rebekah lights a match and holds it out, daringly.

"You're not going to do it."

"And why is that?"

"Because there's still a chance that you might be alive tomorrow. And if that's the case and you kill me now, you'll have used up all of your revenge. Wasted it and isn't that what you want? Revenge? Because I- I pretended to like you and then I stuck a dagger in your back. I mean, that's why you slept with Damon, isn't it? That's why you're tormenting me, because I hurt your feelings."

The match burned out and Rebekah dropped it. "The tough act doesn't suit you."

"I never said I was tough." Elena pointed out. "But we all know I'm right."

"We all have choices, you know? Esther's just choosing wrong now." Adelaide said.

Meanwhile, at the old witch house Finn has already woken up as the three other brothers are coming. Finn heard them and warned Esther, who told the Bennet witches to go.

"My sons, come forward" Esther ordered.

"Stay beside me, mother." Finn pleaded.

Esther walked in the pentagram, "It's okay. They can't enter."

"That's lovely. We're stuck out here, while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are, Finn." Koll spat.

"Be quiet, Koll. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine." Esther casually said.

"Whatever you think of us, killing your own children will be an atrocity." Elijah said, stepping a bit forward.

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago." Esther said stoically.

"Enough. All this talk is boring me. End this now, Mother, or I'll send you back to Hell." Klaus came up.

"For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you. Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better. All of you. You're a curse on this Earth. Stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time."

A few moments later, as Damon has killed Abby Bennet-Wilson, Esther senses the spirits leaving her as she was preparing for the spell.

"No! Sisters! Do not abandon me!" She exclaimed.

"Mother!" Finn yelled.

The pentagram torches flared up. Finn grabbed Esther. The other brothers cowered from the flames and after a moment the torches died out. Elijah, Klaus, and Kol stood around in shock while Finn and Esther were long gone.