chapter 10

In the tunnels, Elena sat on the ground as both Rebekah and Adelaide got the text it was okay to let her go. 

"You can go now." Adelaide said. 

"Seems your boys took care of the problem." Rebekah added. 

"How did they do that?" Elena asked. 

"They turned Abby Bennet into a vampire, Elena." Adelaide explained. "Damon turned Abby Bennet into a vampire." 

"What?" 

 "Quite clever, actually. They needed to sever the witch line and, well, you can't be a witch and a vampire. In any case, you're free to go. Oh and, uh, by the way, you were right. I do prefer taking my time watching you suffer. Much more satisfying."

Rebekah left but Elena staid a bit with Adelaide. 

"Why?" Elena finally asked. 

"I am older than them, but I knew them when they were Humans. Elena, you have no idea what Mikeal did to Klaus. Klaus was once my best friend and Mikeal turned him into a monster. You were trying to kill Elijah, the man that I have, litterally, loved for over a thousand years! What if I asked you to do the same with Stefan... Damon... Jeremy or Alaric? You'd do the same as me. I didn't have a choice!"

"We all have choices, Adelaide." Elena repeated Adelaide's earlier words. 

"You're right, we do. I made this choice but Elena if we're being fair, we both know that if you were in my position you would've done exactly the same, if not more. I know you will go blab about me to the rest but just know that I never pretended to be someone else. Someone I was not." 

"You will bring end to all Supernatural, Addy!" Elena cried out. 

"No, I won't. Why would I do that? Give me one good reason. Elena, I am Supernatural."     

Elena nodded, knowing she was right. 

"Elena, I never wanted this to happen but you were just going to kill Elijah. That, however, is not of importance. We should check up on Bonnie and Abby." 

Elena nodded and followed Adelaide out of the caverns. 

At Caroline's house, Bonnie said that Adelaide could come in but not Elena. 

"Elena never wanted this." Addy said as she and Bonnie were the only ones in the room. 

"I know." Bonnie said, not taking her eyes off of Abby. "It's just..." 

"Whenever something bad happens to Elena, you're the one who gets hurt. I get it, Bonnie, no need to explain." 

"You do. How can you be Vampire and Witch?" 

"Wrong spell at the wrong time. When I say you need to wait to do a spell, it is for a reason, Bonnie. I made a mistake I hope you will never make." 

Bonnie nodded, finally looking up. 

"Elijah Mikealson, though!" 

Adelaide chuckled. "Yes... That. Mind if we don't? I still need to face him... later." 

"Are you going to leave?" 

"I can't. Not with Adeline and everything..." 

Bonnie nodded. "You're right." Bonnie said, creeping closer to the open door before standing so that she's still hidded but can hear it. 

Adelaide listened in on the two friends talking at the door. "You know, you're right. I just...just tell her that I love her, okay?"

"Of course I will." That was Caroline. 

Adelaide hears Elena go away and Caroline shut the door but she saw Bonnie nearly crying. 

After she had calmed down Bonnie, Adelaide went to the Mikealson mansion. 

"Where the bloody hell is everyone?" Rebekah asked as she entered the room Elijah was in along with Adelaide. The blonde Vampire had wondered around in the woods as she claimed. 

"It's over, Rebekah." He said, not looking away from the window. 

"Where's mother?" Rebekah wondered.

"We have no mother. Only Esther, and Esther was right." Elijah said. 

Adelaide frowned as she looked at Elijah back. "What are you talking about, Elijah?" 

Elijah turned around and looked at Adelaide as if he was surprised she was even there. As if he had forgotten about her. 

"My talk of virtue. When it suits my needs, I kill, maim, and torment. Even today, I terrorized an innocent."

"Elena's hardly innocent." Rebekah gritted out. 

"And I used your hatred of her to get what I wanted. Wielded you like I would a sword. My sister. My love." He said, directing each word to the two girls in the room. 

"You did it to protect us, Elijah, and rightly so! We deserve to live! We are better than they!" Rebekah spat out. 

"Are we? Mother made us vampires. She didn't make us monsters, we did that to ourselves." Elijah said before leaving. 

Adelaide quickly followed and they stopped in the woods, at the place where the horses would graze. 

"So you're leaving." 

"Please come with me." Elijah pleaded. 

"Elijah-" 

"We could start over, together. Get to know each other again, love each other. Be together." 

"Elijah-" 

"Please come with me, I can't do this without you." 

"Elijah... I want to, I really do but I can't. Adeline is here. I can't leave her not like this." 

"So, you're not coming with me?" 

"Please don't. Please don't leave. You could stay, Esther's away anyway." 

Elijah shook his head. "I can't. There's nothing here for me anymore." 

Adelaide took a step back. "Good to know I'm nothing to you." 

"Adela-" 

"Don't, just- Don't! Stop! Run! Just run, don't look back! Forget about me. That shouldn't be so hard, should it? As I am nothing to you!" 

"Ade-" but she already took off back to the mansion. Niklaus merely looked up from the phone he was watching. 

"Look at the images on the wall behind Elena. The Natives told the story of our family history, look at the images on the far wall." Rebekah instructed. 

"What is it?" Niklaus asked. 

"A Native worshipping at the Great White Oak tree."

"And? We burned that tree to the ground." Niklaus shrugged it off, Adelaide agreed. 

"Look at the markings that precede it. That's the native calendar." Rebekah pointed out. 

Adelaide looked at the images. "No," She shook her head. "That can't be right." 

"A White Oak tree, three hundred years after we fled back to the Old World. There must have been a sapling, a new tree to replace the old. That tree could kill us. It's not over, Nik."

Part One of the story is done! I will write the second part (which will cover Elijah and Adelaide in season ) but I won't make a different story for it. I'll proceed with this story until I switch over to the Originals, then I'll perhaps create another story or continue this one. 

Tell me what you think.