Chapter 21

The next days go on the same, Niklaus trying to get on Marcel's good side, Rebekah and Adelaide searching for houses or just buildings with window shutters, since that's where Rebekah had seen the witch and Elijah.

Then, the charity event Marcel organized came up and they started getting ready.

Rebekah was wearing a black strapless dress and had her hair up in a delicate up-do with some hairpiece added to it. Klaus was going as the devil in disguise- Which was fitting for him.

Adelaide on the other hand, went very simple. Blue strapless dress with a slit up to it and a layer that waves behind her in the wind. When Elijah left, he gave her some jewels- a necklace along with earrings- which she was wearing. Her hair was down with her waves, surrounding her face.

Hayley walked in. "Wow, you look hot, baby-mama!"

Adelaide laughed. She and Hayley had come closer to each other as they each knew what the other was going through. Having a miracle baby in their world was not easy, so having someone at your side was amazing.

"Thank you." Adelaide smiled, worrying that their plan may fail though.

She was supposed to stay in, while Rebekah and Niklaus handled things with Thierry, Katie and Sophie. She was just supposed to stay at the charity event, and they wouldn't even let Hayley come... not even to keep her company. She was afraid for the two siblings though.

"Don't worry, I know not to, but I do- I do trust Klaus... At least on this." Hayley said before she departed.

She turned around and wanted to grab her coat from the bed when she gasped as her vision turned black before going back to normal and like that again.

She kept up for suport by the headboard of Elijah's bed but soon, she gave out and fell on the bed, blacking out.

She opened her eyes but she wasn't in the plantation. She knew that. She looked around before looking down, she was still in her gown for the charity but where she was, she didn't know.

She looked around... it seemed familiar to her in some way but she didn't know what it was, or where. Was it even real?

"It's our house... Well, what we dreamt would have been our house. I've been having it built as we speak. Well, dream-speak." Adelaide turned to the direction from where the voice came. Elijah stood there in suit. "My love, I'm so happy I can talk to you!"

Adelaide smiled before she ran to Elijah and threw her arms around his neck. He breathed in her scent, before putting her on arms-length and looking her over with a frown.

"What?" Adelaide asked.

Elijah shook his head, still frowning. "No, it's just... You smell... off? I guess, it doesn't make sense... You're just different. I've only smelled this on pregnant woman, Hayley for example... I mean it is impossible, not? You can't be with child. Not mine anyway." He looked up at her and saw she was avoiding his eyes. "Adelaide? What is it?"

"Okay, just know I never meant for you to find out like this. Bonnie was trying new spells in Mystic Falls and one affected us. Remember our sex day? Yeah, that'd be the day Bonnie was practicing... Elijah, I'm with child- you're child."

"For real, no jokes. None at all, right?" Elijah asked, needing to be sure before getting happy about something that may not even be.

"For real, Elijah, I'm carrying your child. I can't wait to actually see you again." Adelaide said, looking him in the eyes.

Elijah smiled slightly, before crushing his lips to hers. The kiss was hot and passionate as well as sweet and caring. It was like Elijah.

He pulled back, smiling at her. "You have no idea of how happy you're making me."

"Elijah?" Adelaide asked after a while.

"Adelaide?"

"I want you back. Where are you?"

"I don't know. From what I know, with Marcel."

Adelaide nodded sadly before taking his hand and leading her to the roof where he sat down with her in between his legs with his arms around your waist, hands on your abdomen and his chin on your shoulder.

"This is exactly how I imagined it." Adelaide softly admitted.

"What? The house?" Elijah asked.

"Yes, the house." Adelaide said.

"You dreamed of it, that day when we slept together... somehow, someway we were connected in one way or the other and I saw it in front of me." Elijah explained before silence dawned on them.

Adelaide cracked her neck after a while, trying to loosening it up.

"Elijah?" Adelaide said again.

Elijah nodded, "Yeah."

"Please know that I love you... I feel like I didn't make that clear." Adelaide said.

"I know you loved me, I know you love me. You did make that clear, you always did." Elijah nuzzled in her neck. "I love you too."

Adelaide smiled and leaned more into Elijah, soon she closed her eyes.

Her eyes opened and she was on the bed in her room in the plantation. She smiled faintly because she at least knew that Elijah was okay. That was enough... for now. You would get more after tonight... hopefully.

Adelaide entered the compound. It looked amazing. People twirling around in ropes. The place decorated and great music playing.

When Adelaide looked around she saw Cami watching someone and when she saw what she was looking at, she saw Marcel with a guy she had seen around town, wasn't he one of his inner circle guys?

She looked over at Klaus then, and saw a small smirk playing on his face. What was he up to?

When she wanted to look around for Rebekah, she saw she was nowhere to be found.

She knew that those two were up to something, she just wanted to know what. What was going on and what were those two up to?