Chapter 33

Time flew by. Stuff happened quickly.

The reason for the Harvest not working was because other deceased witches and warlock took their places. For Monique came Papa Tunde who left quickly after he started terrorizing the city. While Abigail should've been resurrected, it was Celeste/Sabine taking her place. And Davina came back after Sabine died, who actually turned out to be Elijah's ex-lover Celeste. We know that instead of Cassie it is Genevieve who came back, a witch from the 20's, or at least 1919. 

Rebekah had left when the past came to hunt her and Marcel. It is proven that she was the one that drew Mikeal to NOLA. It pissed Niklaus off to no end but after a night in the cemetry, he has given her her wish and allowed her to leave and live her life.

Elijah and Adelaide were talking but that was everything that was going on between them. They were awkward around each other, and it made Adelaide uncomfortable. It was as if they were friends and that was something she didn't want with Elijah. Never with him, not again. 

So, Adelaide was determined to talk to him. With that newfound determination, she walked up the stairs and went into his room where she saw Elijah kissing Hayley. Or Hayley kissing Elijah, because as soon as she saw the two, Elijah pushed her away. 

Adelaide had walked out of the room and into the hallway. She was about to go downstairs when she heard Elijah say something that made her stop. 

"What are you doing? You know I love Adelaide. More than anything." 

"But you two-" 

"Are having a difficult time but it isn't something we can't work out. I love Adelaide and as soon as we've worked this out I'm going to marry her, if I have to drag her to the courthouse or not. I'm sorry if I gave you mixed signs, but I'm not into you like that."

The day after that, Adelaide left Davina's room at the compound- the one she used now- and went into Elijah's. He was still sleeping so she sat down in the armchair and looked at him. She hadn't seen him in peace like that for a long time. She smiled as she stood up from the chair- a bit difficult-  and sat on the bed. She stroked his face, which woke him. 

"I'm sorry." She apologized. 

"It's okay." Elijah said. 

"No, I mean for-" Adelaide wanted to say something but Elijah cut her off with kissing her. 

"I know what you meant. It is okay, Adelaide. I get you fears. After what I did with Katherine, I can't blame you for fearing about it happening again and even I have to admit that it didn't look completely innocent in the bayou- I went into your mind when you came back. You had a bad dream, I wanted to sooth you but you left your mind open and I literally stumbled into your mind." Elijah explained when she frowned. "I know you heard me last night and I meant it. I will marry you, if I have to drag you to the courthouse." 

"Not the courthouse." She simply said. 

Elijah quickly sat up. "What?" 

"I want a ceremony in the garden behind our house. It is finished, by the way. I have furnished and decorated it, it is finished as of yesterday. Caroline and I have even bought a Pergola for our backyard. Caroline and Niklaus are marrying here soon and I want us to marry there. Obviously, it won't be now but soon." 

"How soon is soon?" 

"Before Caroline and Nik marry in four months. I have already been looking into stuff. If you want, a month or two. I want these two out before I marry you, no offence." She said, leaning back to rub her big stomach. "I love these two but it is time they come out because I have no idea how much longer I can hold them in." 

Elijah chuckled and rubbed her stomach as well. The babies kicked when he did so. "Have you thought about names?" 

"I have, you?" Adelaide asked, not wanting to let him know yet. 

"Yes." Elijah said. "Want to share?"

"Would be a great idea." Adelaide agreed, leaning back so she was laying beside him. "I was thinking of-" 

Later, Elijah barged into the room with a duffel bag in hand and Caroline behind him. "Adelaide, you need to leave New Orleans for a while." 

"Where will I go?" She asked, getting up. "Where will you go?" 

"You will come with me." Caroline answered. "You need to come now. Things are about to heat up here and it isn't a place for a pregnant woman." 

"Okay." Adelaide agreed. She normally wouldn't agree with something but she knew something could happen to her children which is something she doesn't want happening. "Stay safe." 

"I will." Elijah promised before escorting her to the car. Adelaide got in the passenger seat while Caroline got in the drivers seat. He leaned through the open window and gave her a red velvet box. "I would feel better if you would wear this. As soon as this is over, I'll come for you and we'll have our wedding." 

She opened the box and saw a beautiful, delicate diamond ring. "Elijah..." 

"I love you, Adelaide. We will be back together soon, I give you my word." He kissed her and gave her one last kiss on the side of her head. "We'll see each other soon, Adelaide, mark my words." 

"I love you, Elijah Mikealson. 'Till my last breath." 

"Don't-" 

"Bye, Elijah. I'll see you soon." She nodded and Caroline started driving.

There were already quite a few miles between them and NOLA when she broke down. She started sobbing and cried. She felt a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it soothingly. She found it to be very hard to leave him behind in NOLA when she knew that there would be a fight there. She wanted to help but knew she couldn't if she wanted her children safe but that didn't make it any easier. 

She smiled at the young Vampire before looking down and rubbing circles on the stomach that Elijah had rubbed just that morning.  

Daddy will be with us, soon. 

.

.

.

.

What will next chapter be? You're right, the epilogue! It will be up in a few hours. Until then, I hope you enjoy.