Epilogue

Finally, the day came. For over a thousand years, Adelaide had dreamt of this day. Her wedding day. She would marry Elijah Mikealson in less than two hours.

She was standing in front of the mirror, checking her wedding dress. It was a lace/silk wedding dress. Over the years, her clothing style had changed every time something else was fashionable but this was a dress she would've worn for her dress any decade.

She was snapped out of her daze when she heard soft crying from behind her. She turned around and walked to her son while her soon-to-be husband had their daughter.

She picked him up and started to rock him softly. "Shh, little Henrik. You'll see daddy soon."

The battle of NOLA, as Caroline like to call it, ended soon with Francesca and the rest of New Orleans thinking Hope died when the witches tried to kill her. Everyone believes it which makes it even harder for Niklaus and Hayley while she is with Rebekah somewhere in the States. They wanted to tell her and Caroline but both agreed that it would be better if they didn't.

they agreed they should live on though, so Adelaide and Elijah started planning their wedding. Three weeks ago, the twins were born. The proud parents could welcome their baby boy, Henrik Niklaus Mikealson, in the world and their little girl, Adeline Davina Mikealson. Caroline and Niklaus were very proud Godparent and Davina was a very proud auntie.

Talking about the witch, she just walked in, in her bridesmaid dress to check up on her best friend. With a smile, she looked at the mother and son.

"Hi, there." Davina coeed at the little boy. "You ready?" She asked Adelaide, as she let the boy play with her finger.

"I've been ready for the past 1000 years, Davina. What about you, you ready to face all of them yet?"

"I'll be fine. I'm not the one that is getting married. I was actually coming to get the little one. Auntie Caroline wants him." Davina said, taking the son from his mother. "I'll be back in a sec to come pick you up." She was nearly out the door before she turned around. "Adelaide? You look lovely."

Leaving the woman to smile, Davina went out. As soon as the door closed behind her, Adelaide stepped closer to the mirror and admired herself again. Never had she felt as beautiful as that moment. She felt magical, no pun intended.

Within the next three minutes, Davina returned to the room. With a smile, she stood beside Adelaide and leaned her head on her shoulder.

"I don't want to forget this moment." Davina admitted.

"You don't have to. We can take a picture now before the photographer starts. Get me my polaroid camera. It's right there." Davina retrieved it and gave it to the Original Hybrid.

Just like they had stood before, Davina laid her head on Adelaide's shoulder while Adelaide took two pictures of them. One for herself and one for Davina. She was just putting the camera away when she heard Davina's soft voice. "I know you're only '19' and I'm nearly 16 but do you think I could call you mom? Over the past six months you've been a better friend, mother, to me than my own mother has been. I know about Adeline and I don't want to replace her but do you think I could be like her to you? Do you think-"

"Davina, stop! I know you don't want to replace her. I'd be honored if you'd call me mom. You'll be like her and me. We'll pass of as sisters now and I'll find a way for you to keep your magic if you ever want to change. For now, you'll be my 'sister' but when we're alone, I'd be honored if you called me mom, you've been like a daughter to me as well. Thank you for all the time you gave me." Adelaide said, taking her in her arms. "You'll have to move in with me soon."

"As soon as you'll have me." Davina agreed before looking at the clock. "We have to go now."

Davina led her to the great hall before walking out as the wedding march started. She whispered a good luck before walking down the aisle in front of her.

Soon, the reception was in full swing when Adelaide was talking to Elijah. "Davina asked me something today."

"Me as well. She asked me if she could call me dad. I said yes, of course. I pressume she asked you if she could call you mom?"

"Yeah. Elijah?"

"Yes, my lovely." Elijah looked at her.

She took a deep breath before taking his hand and leading him in the house. Walking up the stairs, she walked into a room she hadn't allowed him in before. It was the perfect room for Davina.

"I decorated it when I was decorating the other rooms. Back then, I was already thinking of taking her in but I wouldn't do it without your permission. I decorated it because I thought that even if you didn't agree with her moving in, she could stay over. I was wondering that, now that she calls us mom and dad, could she move in with us?"

"Of course, my sweet. Now, we wouldn't want our guest to get the wrong idea so why don't we go back out?" Elijah suggested.

They walked back out and sat down in their seats. They could see Niklaus and Hayley playing with their children and saw another emotion cross their eyes. Adelaide knew that it had to be hard on them, they didn't have their daughter there while the happily married couple had both their daughter and son in their arms. Also Elijah seemed to have a hard time dealing with it. She put a soothing hand on her husbands shoulder and gave him a look, hoping she got the message across.

Even though it had been months already, Adelaide was sure they would be all together again someday.

And she was right because not even four years later, all of them were living together in a peaceful New Orleans which was ruled by the Mikealsons- including Caroline- for the Vampires, Davina and Adelaide were representitives for the Witches and the Werewolfs were represented by Hayley and Jackson. Hope was growing up happily and secure.

Like Adelaide had said, everything would be fine.

.

.

.

.

Thank you all for joining me on this adventure named Unexpected. Thank you all for the views, votes and comments, they have all helped me continue to write this story when it became hard for me to do so.
I have been asked to do a sequel but I regret to tell you that won't happen.
What will happen, though, is a brand new story. I'm going to post an extra chapter with a preview of the story and all the information.

I don't know what else to sa but know that I have loved every second of writing this story because you all commented and everyhting...

Thank you!