Dumbledore and His Plans

Note; Some things may appear to be wrong, but please understand that it's a fan- fiction. I'd also like to say that the characters and settings belong to it's rightful owner (J.K Rowling). Most of this book won't follow the exact storyline as I will add some twists of my own. Their will also be some made up places, so yeah! But, please enjoy!

"People only do bad things in a state of vulnerability"
-Anonymous

Flora was currently in the Great Hall, contemplating about the mess of the Ministry and the problem they were currently facing. She mindlessly twirled her curly brown hair around her finger in thought. It seemed weird about the revolution that was happening, and she was confused about the whole ideal. Actually... she was rather curious. Very curious. The Daily Prophet that came out, didn't seem to render or control her thoughts about the subject. It only contained the curiosity for a little while, not fully taming it.

"Flora... would you mind passing me the grapes?" Simmins asked, his greedy fingers stretching out in front of her brown eyes. Flora quietly laughed at the boy beside her who loved food. "Please," he quickly added, his mouth seeming full from the chicken that he recently had just devoured. 'So quirky with food' she thought.

"Sure," she said, and passed him the silver bowl with the fruit in it. He gave her a thankful smile before his eyes slowly fell to the grapes, his attention on the green and purple balls in front of him. Flora rolled her eyes at Avery Simmins who was smiling like a child at Christmas. She quietly bit into her roast chicken which was succulent with flavours.

It was currently the 2nd last day of Hogwarts and she couldn't be more relieved about the holidays soon to come before the 7th year started. Although she had to deal with her parents lecturing her on every small detail about her weight, her hair, her clothes or her manners, she was still looking forward to it.

She was cut short out of her meal when a white piece of paper floated effortlessly in front of her eyes, awaiting for Flora's simple, delicate touch, to render it from floating. She carefully took the paper into her hands and opened it, to see gold intricate writing carved into the paper. She frowned slightly, before her curious brown eyes scanned the small piece of paper.

Flora Nightingale,

Please meet me up in my office as soon as possible. It is important for me to inform you about an issue that involves you.

Albus Dumbledore

Flora looked up quickly to find Dumbledore nodding his head in acknowledgement. Her mouth went dry and she excused herself from the table before exiting the Great Hall. Her black robe followed her quiet footsteps as she made her way up the hallways before going up the staircases that moved from time to time.

Her foot slipped on a stair, but she caught her self luckily. She sighed, slightly irritated with herself, due to her clumsiness that seemed to pop up from time to time. It sometimes annoyed her, but she learnt to control it. It was apart of who she was, and she tried to accept that.

Before long, Flora found herself in front of the headmasters door and quietly knocked, knowing that Dumbledore would already be there because he knew the school like the back of his hand. Which she admired. He was wise, and brave. A hero... a role model. The door swung open as she eyed Dumbledore who sat gracefully on his cushioned chair, his hand resting on his phoenix adoringly.

"Come, sit down Flora," he said, eyeing the slightly nervous girl before him. She nodded and sat down on the comfy seat, before her eyes drifted to the bird who was watching her expectantly.

"Hey Fawkes," she smiled, ruffling his feathers slightly. He went to nip at her, but she pulled her hand away. "No lollies this time from the Imperial," she slightly laughed before she stopped as Dumbledore gave her a look. She nervously laughed as she thought. 'He wasn't suppose to know that...'