Classifications and Charms

Note: Enjoy!

"We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on... that's who we really are"

- Sirius Black

"Mud-blood or Pureblood?" Tom asked Flora, absentmindedly leading her to the 7th year dormitory that were for the girls.

"Pureblood," she whispered, eyeing the room filled with many beds. He lead her to a bed that had her name engraved on the frame in golden letters. The sheets were an ivory green that seemed enticing to the eye. Drapery hung across the sides of the bed and small figurines were placed throughout the room. She thought it'd be scary in the dungeons, but it seemed mysterious and attracting.

"No boys are allowed in here at anyti-" but Flora interrupted him before he could say any more, making his eye twitch a bit in aggravation.

"I know the rules, but then why are you in here?" Flora questioned, her wit sparking towards a slightly aggravated Tom Riddle. She knew he needed to loosen up a little, so she tried to make the conversation lighter.

"Because I'm head boy," he shot back.

"Well, I'm head girl," she countered back. His eyes widened and his full brows furrowed.

"Hasn't your mother taught you not to lie?" Tom asked. Anger started to form at the pits of her stomach and her face scrunched up, making Tom smirk a bit by her anger. 'Couldn't he just take a joke' she thought.

"She did and I'm telling the truth!" She yelled back at him, turning her back on him. Tom unnoticeably hitting a sore point in Flora's life.

"Whatever you believe," he dryly laughed.

"Well..." she trailed off her voice rising an octave, trying to think of something to say back. She crossed her arms and turned swiftly back around, her brown warm eyes glaring at a certain pair of icy blues."Hasn't your mother taught you not to be rude?" Flora spluttered.

Tom's eyes glared at her in rage and he took 3 dangerous steps towards her. His arm swooped into his robe and retrieved his wand. He placed it to her neck, threateningly. Flora felt helpless due to her wand being somewhere unknown, but that didn't stop her from trying to push him away. His cold hand gripped onto her wrist as she tried her assault on him.

"It would be a shame for something to happen to someone so pretty..." he trailed off, his wand lowering down to her heart. "Don't talk to me like that... or talk about my parents," he growled, twisting the wand into her heart before taking the wand away from the scared girl.

Tom took her wand from his robe which had been placed on the bedside table in the infirmary and gave it to her. His blue eyes never leaving her brown doe ones as he did so. He took one last glance before storming out of the room. His black robe following his every move.

For the last few weeks, Professor Dippet gave Flora her timetable and had spoken to her a couple of times. Flora mostly read for those few weeks, missing the sweet company of her friends. She visited Dumbledore a couple of times, but she was still slightly angry at his future self for forcing her here. The necklace? Well, it sat on her neck all the time, never leaving her presence.

She ate in the mornings and afternoons in the Great Hall and visited the Library frequently. Often seeing Tom Riddle situated at the back of the room. He seemed unfazed and ignorant of her presence, but his gaze always landed on her small frame whenever she wasn't paying attention. Before long school started and most of the Slytherins welcomed her.

She had helped Tom welcome the new Prefects of the school. Although Flora was Head girl and Tom Head Boy, he had raging questions swarming in his brilliant brain about the suddenness of her becoming The Head Girl.

Flora sat absentmindedly at the front of the class, her fingers twirling her curly hair. Her lips were pursed as she eyed Tom Riddle who was standing in front of her. "That's my seat," he pointed out, his jaw firm.

"Not anymore," she hummed, she knew that she should be getting closer to him, not being hated by him, but she couldn't handle how rude he was.

"Get off," he hissed.

"Don't like change, do you?" she questioned eyeing him. He rolled his eyes as the teacher came in with the students piling in behind him. Whilst everyone sat down, they cautiously eyed the new girl sitting in Toms place.

"Tom, please sit down," the professor ushered, turning around to the chalk board and writing 'Charms' up before turning back around.

Tom plopped down beside Flora angrily. He felt like ripping Flora's head off, but on the other hand, he felt like using a curse on the teacher. 'Oh what fun' Tom smirked, his thoughts sadistic and evil.

Tom opened his book up and started to write word for word on what the professor was saying. Flora eyed his neat writing that was being hastily written. "What?" he asked, his blue eyes meeting hers. She stared at his annoyed blue eyes before looking down at the feather in her hands.

"Nothing..." she whispered, looking up at the board. He furrowed his eyebrows at the girl beside him before shrugging and continuing to write. With every word, the anger and annoyance seemed to simmer down in his cold heart.

Although Tom was fast at writing, Flora took her time and wrote each word with care, often shortening the professors phrases whilst Tom wrote word for word, effortlessly. When the bell rang, Flora sighed and was about to pack her books up before she remembered about the ink. She grabbed her wand and casted a quick spell in her mind before she closed the book. Tom watched her perform the skill though...

"You know occlumeracy?" Tom asked, his curiosity sparking at the girl in front of him who was filled with many surprises.

"Yeah... my Mother taught me a lot of spells and tricks before she died a year ago," she informed him, biting her lip at the memory. She now had a step mother who only wanted her father and did not care for Flora's well being at all. It was a sore point...

A normal person would've said sorry or would have felt pity or remorse, but Tom was different. He just nodded his head and closed his book before exiting out of the room, leaving a pitiless Flora to the memories of her dead mother, who meant everything to her.