Holidays- Part 1

Note: Listen to the song above whilst reading <3

"Love takes practice..."

-Anonymous

Flora's eyes drifted towards the lake, her mind wandering over certain topics of Tom Riddle. Speaking of him, he was sitting right next to her, his feet dangling from the branch they were currently perched on. The palish boy was beside her, wearing an expression of calmness, his blue icicles running over the blue-green lake before the two.

"Can you stop?" Tom's voice spoke up, his eyes sliding towards Flora Nightingale expectantly. His calm face morphing into a straight façade. Flora rolled her eyes, masking her pounding heart at him catching her gazing at him. Tom finally let his eyes move from the brunette beside him and onto the lake as silence consumed the two in the pine trees.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" Flora's soft voice awed, her gaze turning back to Tom Riddle. Tom nodded his head in agreement, the small movement of his nearly ink black hair fall in front of his face, as though each lock had it's own appendage and flopped around on his forehead. Flora noticed though, thoughts of her cutting his lock filling her mind. His eyes once again met Flora in a exasperated sigh and he gave her a pointed look at her staring again. "Sorry," she hummed, still not looking away from his brilliant blue eyes.

They both stayed in silence as Tom did the same. His gaze settled on her brown warm eyes that looked similar to a cup of hot coffee- filled with passion. His eyes squinted once she finally looked away, his eyes training on her light trace of freckles before blowing out a puff of air. 'What am I doing?' he thought to himself in confusion. Flora let her eyes dart around her surroundings once more before letting out a breath of air-similar to Tom's sigh that he had done before.

"I think we should start heading off, hmm?" Flora hummed, arching an eyebrow in Tom's direction.

"Of course, Nightingale," he agreed, his wand coming out of his green sweater. He muttered a quick levitation spell, his body lowering, his other hand grazing the tree's bark just in case. Once his feet touched the ground he stretched his legs quickly, getting rid of the tension between his knee joints. Flora looked down, the height of the tree making her feel small, but she wasn't scared. "Are you joining me Nightingale?" Tom rhetorically asked, his untamed right eyebrow raising in question.

"Just..." she trailed off, bending slightly for her boot as she slid her wand out "...wai-". Flora was interrupted from herself speaking as her wand left her hand and plummeted towards Tom Riddle's head. 'Damn it,'she cursed to herself; wincing at her clumsiness that decided to shoot out at the unfortunate moment. Flora closed her eyes in expectance as she heard the donk.

"Merlin Flora!" He growled. Flora could imagine his blue eyes squeezing into slits in her direction. She heard the crunch of Tom's footprints, and she regretfully opened her eyes to be met with a flying wand in her direction. Flora mumbled an obscenity as her wand hit her forehead before falling into her lap. Tom's chuckles filled the Forbidden Forrest and Flora mentally gave him a chinese burn.

"That's so not funny Tom!" Flora whined, her hand wandering to her wand before muttering the levitating spell. Wonkily she made her way down to the ground before shooting Tom a glare.

"I didn't do anything Miss. Nightingale. I think your imagining things," his teasing voice spoke, his face holding a slight smile of innocence. 'Bull,' she thought to herself before her stance stiffened at the noise from the bush.

"Tom?" Flora questioned, her gaze cautiously making her way to the bush. "Did you hear that?" She asked, her nose sniffling at the coldness attacking her.