Betrayal and Enlightenment

"I feel like I'm waiting for something that will never happen..."

-Anonymous

Note: Make sure to listen to the song above #Tora

Tom Riddles body was relaxed against the table, vulnerable in his sleeping state. Flora smiled  at the dark haired boy in front of her, hesitantly brushing his hair away from his closed eyes. Her eyebrows rose slightly in surprise at the softness of it. She watched the librarian walk out with a load of books, sending a pointed look to the two before leaving. Flora heaved in a sigh at her  conveying that they should leave. She looked at the time quickly before  her hand fell to his shoulder to wake him.

"Tom... wake up," Flora cooed, her hand moving his shoulder repeatedly. His eyes shot open, revealing his blue crystal irises that lied beneath. He looked around for a few seconds, taking in his surroundings of the Library. Flora moved her hand back to her lap, eyeing Tom's perplexed expression.

"I didn't think I would fall asleep," he groggily spoke, his hand coming up to his eyes. Flora watched him wipe his eyes, but her eyes soon flickered to the golden necklace that was dangling from his neck. It was very familiar to her and once she realised why it was everything stopped before her. Her eyes were as wide as sauces, her hand coming up to his neck in frightening curiosity. Her hand faltered around with his necklace, Tom watching her vivid movement.

"Where did you get this Tom?" Flora asked, but it came out more as an order.

"...a man," Tom whispered vaguely, his hand pushing hers away. She gave him a threatening gaze, her hand swiping for it and turning it around. The initials on the back scaring her,

H.N

-Standing for Henry Nightingale.

It was her fathers necklace. HER fathers personal time-turner as an Auror. Their eyes met, she was frozen, her arm limp, the hand wrapped around the necklace in a death grip. She finally understood what it meant when books said that betrayal hung heavy in the air.

It meant the rattling of bones.

It meant the shifting of organs moving to places where they shouldn't be.

It meant the prickling of skin that burned with betrayal.

She felt his hesitant fingers wrap around hers, but she pulled away like his skin was poison. She should've known, her mind a whirlwind at her not noticing at all. Her mind went back to the Tri Wizards where he took so long to retrieve the cup. She was thinking how she could've even cared about someone who had killed... her own flesh and blood. 'Did he know?' she asked herself, before her head shook in disbelief. It didn't matter did it? If he knew or didn't. He had killed Myrtle and he was just fine physically and it seemed mentally.

"Flora?" Tom questioned, his mouth tilting sideways in confusion. She was raging and she jumped out of her seat and stood in front of him, towering over him with a wild look in her eyes.

"A man?" Flora hollered, infuriated at yet another lie from the famous Tom Riddle.

"Flora, tell me what's wrong," Tom murmured, his body raising. He didn't know what to do, what was he suppose to do? He hadn't comforted someone before and everything was new to him. Everything had been new to him since Flora's presence in his life. He didn't know what was wrong, but he felt like he should've known what he had done.

"What's wrong?" She screeched, her hands balling into fists as she whispered his words to herself again.

"You're not being ration-" Tom started, but Flora blocked him out. The mistrust overwhelmed her as she looked ahead of her at a stranger. It tore at her heart, stomach, head and it pulled her under because she couldn't control it.

"You know what?" Flora questioned, her voice raising an octave. "Fuck you Riddle," she cursed, her throat pulsing time to time making her voice come out in a rasp. She breathed heavily before repeating the phrase."Fuck you Tom Riddle!" Flora screamed, her right balled fist raising to punch the living and breathing liar in front of her called Tom Riddle. Tom's large hands captured hers as she swung and she fought against his burning hold.

"Don't Nightingale," he murmured, his eyebrows furrowing at the worrying girl in front of him who was taking violence into a muggle way.

"No! No! No!" Flora screamed, trying to pull her right hand away. "Don't touch me!" She yelled, her eyes screwing shut as she shook her head.

"You're angry. Please. Just look at me..." he pleaded, his lost eyes trying to find hers. Never in his life had he pleaded, but never in his life had he felt so confused. Tears leaked from her eyes as she continued to pull, her legs leaning back and her other hand clutching onto the oak table as she tried to rip herself away from his hold.

"What did I say? Let go! DAMMIT WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN?" Flora shrieked and squealed. She finally slipped out of his grip, her body moving away from his in terror. "It wasn't just a man you monster! It was my father!" She bellowed, her gaze deathly.

"What do you m-" his shout stopped mid sentence, his confusion wiping into realisation. "Bullocks. Flora..." he trailed off, his body moving forwards.

"Get away from me y-you brute!" Flora hollered, her body racking with sobs as she went for the Library door...

But, of course the calling of her name followed her down the horrid corridors whilst her breathing was heavy and fast paced.