Hogwarts Returns and Future Schemes

"Life is tough, my darling. But, so are you"

-Stephanie Bennet Henry

Flora Nightingale sat in the Great Hall amongst other students. It was a new semester and she was ready for it. Chatter engulfed the Hall as they awaited Master Dippet to enter and welcome them. She knew that her time was dwindling down and that she only had spent about a term with Tom; due to her missing a term and arriving fashionably late. Her mind crossing to who the Head Girl was before she came...

"Students," Dippet called out, his fingers tapping on the podium whilst waiting for the students to settle down. Silence consumed the hall in a matter of 10 seconds which made him smile in delight. "I'd like to welcome you back to Hogwarts..." he started, but Flora's eyes absentmindedly flew to Tom who was beside her.

"How long will this take Tom?" She whispered quietly under her breath, her elbow lightly prodding into his. Tom's blank face turned to meet her and his facial expression wharfed into a smirk.

"About 30 minutes or less..." he trailed off, his blue eyes twinkling in the dim lighting  given by the candles.

"Merlin," she muttered, her head lowering to her hand where it was now propped up. She sat there for awhile her gaze lingering around different parts of the Hall before falling on Tom's hand where a familiar bulky ring sat. She rolled her eyes at how big the black orb was before settling back onto Head Master Dippet.

"...and so we will be going to the Tumbling Rings this Semester in week 5. This yearly expedition shall be fun for everyone! Except those I suppose who are failing in some mandatory subjects. You know who you are and I will save you the embarrassment, but don't think you'll be doing nothing. You will be studying whilst..."Flora blanked the rest of his words out as her head perked up and turned to Tom.

"Yearly expedition? How come I wasn't aware of this?" Flora questioned.

"It didn't cross my mind I guess..." Tom trailed off, his eyes glancing to Flora shortly. Flora's eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"Tom Riddle... doesn't simply forget things," Flora sung, shaking her head softly.

"I'm right here, you do know that, right?" He deadpanned.

"I know. I'm trying to be low-key melodramatic," she huffed, her attention going up to Dippet who was finishing his speech.

"You don't need to try Nightingale. You are already melodramatic enough as it is," Tom chided, his figure rising so he could step out and go to the front where the Headmaster was. Flora followed him with a scowl, her feet moving quickly as she told herself to not trip.

"The Head's of the school. Tom Riddle and Flora Nightingale," Dippet introduced, his body turning towards the two who were stationed in front of the podium. Tom took lead as he stepped forwards and started to talk.

"As Head Boy and Girl we'd like to welcome you back. We hope to make this Semester even better than the last. It will be tough for some of you's with N.E.W.T.S fastly approaching..." Tom spoke, whines of disdain coming from the students of Hogwarts. A smirk made it's way to Tom's face as he continued to speak as Flora listened along, her head nodding at his practiced speech.

"Would you like to add anything Miss. Nightingale?" Head Master Dippet asked, his head tilting to the side.

"Uh yes. I'd just like to say that we should be striving to achieve the best marks possible in the upcoming N.E.W.T.S. No excuses should come about concerning this as I must say... we can always count on our fingers. Our feet will always support us and our arms will always be by our side," she laughed, some students snickering at the Head Girls lame joke. Although most students laughed at the corniness. "So triumph Hogwart Students!" Flora cheered, her hand going up into the air for a fist pump.

"You may all eat," Dippet smiled, his hands raising slowly as food started to appear slowly. Flora and Tom made their ways down the steps and Tom shot her a look of 'really?'.

"Couldn't resist could you?" Tom questioned, his body lowering to sit on the table.

"Nope," she answered, her body dropping to the seat beside him. Her eyes glanced to the food in delight before dropping to the card in front of her which was green and labelled, 'Tumbling Rings'.