Boggarts and Hysteria

Note: This chapter is set a day after from the last chapter...

Vote, Comment and Follow

"Madness is like gravity... all it takes is a little push"

-The Joker

"Today's lesson will consist of Boggarts," the professor spoke. Murmurs filled the classroom, the only two who were immobile was Tom Riddle and Flora Nightingale. Although the reasons for it were entirely different.

Tom... not scared, whilst Flora was daydreaming.

"I warned you students yesterday..." he spoke from the front. The Gryffindor from yesterday nudged Flora from her thoughts and she frowned at him.

"Are you scared?" He asked. Flora didn't reply back as she was just staring at him like a fool. Blonde hair sat on his head and his green eyes were light with happiness. His mouth was twisted into a grin and a beauty mark sat on top of his cheek... "Oh! My apologies... Sam Lumineer, pleasure," he smiled.

"Flora Nightingale," she replied with a faint smile. She was about to answer his question from before when she was flicked on the head with a feather. An all knowing professor glared at her and she apologized quietly.

"Like I was saying! Boggarts are known best for being an amortal shape-shifting non-being that takes on the form of the viewer's worst fear," he informed the class. "It's in that box right there," he spoke, pointing to the chest on the floor which made noises every now and then. "To get rid of the creature you make this rounded movement with you wand..." he showed the class. "...and you cast Riddikulus," he spoke.

"Can it kill you?" A student from Gryffindor quipped.

"Indeed it can," the professor hummed. Murmurs once again enveloped the class before the professor spoke. "Students, today you won't have to, only a handful. At one point for this week you'll have to face the creature, but I can assure you that no-one will be hurt. As long as I'm here, I can guarantee your safety," he calmly explained. Sighs were heard across the room before Abraxas Malfoy spoke.

"So who's going first?" Abraxas smirked, his eyes glaring into a Gryffindor.

"Mr. Malfoy. Silence please," he ordered. "Now, there is an enchanted screen in front of the the box. This see through screen will allow you students to see the par takers fears. Now, have a minute to think of what your greatest fear is so you can prepare your mind," he softly spoke.

Flora eyed the chest and thought of what she was afraid of. The disappointment of her fathers face and her stepmothers? Voldemort? Dragons? Her eyes soon wandered towards Dumbledore who had recently entered and she gave him a nervous smile until her attention went to Toms empty chair.

"Dippet probably is talking to him..." she told herself.

"Okay students! Lets see..." the professor trailed off his wand moving across the classroom.

"Flora Nightingale?" He questioned. Flora instantly huffed out a sigh. If she said no, she'd be called weak and Tom would taunt her, although they hadn't conversed for days since his manipulative stunt.

"Oh Merlins beard..." she sighed, getting out of her seat. She had nothing to lose and besides, it wasn't as if the whole Wizarding worlds future laid upon her shoulders.

"Yes, yes, Miss Nightingale," he hummed in happiness. Flora rolled her eyes, as just before he was hating on her and now he was encouraging her. To the heck with it! "Okay, remember the movement of your wand! And... remember the blankness of your mind is the key," he cheered before unlocking the box with a one of a kind key for safety.

A puff of smoke came from the box before the top came off with a clatter of metal meeting the wooden floorboards. A frail figure came from the box with black robes. Pale skin accompanied the creature before his dark red eyes met hers as if he was bloodthirsty. In surprise, Flora took a step back, making Voldemort's tall frame turn into her fathers.

Whispers filled the classroom and Flora lifted her wand with an air of grace, her mind telling her that this was all a ploy. But, he spell fell short as Dumbledore beat her...

"Riddikulus!" He chanted, the figure turned into ash as it floated towards the chest once again, the top of the box going back onto it as the lock attached itself onto it. Flora stood there, her eyes on the box before Dumbledore hastily pulled her out of the room. She hazily passed Dippet and Tom whilst Dumbledore called over to Dippet.

"How do you know that man?" The professor asked, moving her to his office chair. Flora shrugged, not knowing on who he was taking about.

"The black robed one?" Flora questioned absentmindedly, her thoughts still on the Boggart.

"No the other," he quickly spoke, his hands fiddling around the parchments on his desk.

"Uh... my father?" Flora asked.

"Indeed, Nightingale," he spoke, his hands finding the Daily Prophet from the day before in triumph. "Please explain to me how you kno-y father?" he questioned, the newspaper falling out of his hand. Flora picked up the newspaper, her fingers held it tight as she read over the words.

Unknown Man Found Dead Leaving The Wizarding World In Hysteria.

Flora felt the world close around her as she looked at the horrific picture of her dead father...

"H-how?" Flora whimpered to herself.