Pine Trees and Worries

Note: The GIF! Listen to the song above as it's written by one of my favourite artists; Zella Day. Hope you guys enjoy the update.

"His dark hair was thick and looked so soft that I had to resist the urge of touching it. Looking into his dark eyes was like falling into the stars, making me feel weightless and disorientated"

-Gwen Hayes

Flora was located at the back of Hogwarts. Her foot was settled on the brick wall and her back leant against it. Soft wind whistled past her, some strands of her hair following with the flow of it. Flora was shook out of her daydream when Maggie came tumbling around the corner in worry.

"He asked me questions about you," Maggie spoke, her eyes glancing around to see if anyone else was outside.

"Did you say that you didn't know and that I was with you half an hour ago?" Flora asked.

"Yeah, but he's been glaring at me for the past hour," Maggie sighed. "If looks could kill, I'd be 10ft under... Can we just tell him?" Maggie questioned, her left eyebrow raising.

"Of course not," Flora objectified.

"Hmm... okay. I'll hold it up for now, but if he threatens to kill me I can't help if it comes out. I think he knows," Maggie shrugged in honesty.

"It's alright Maggie," Flora nodded, her foot pushing off the wall.

Flora walked into the great hall, her body moving to the Hufflepuff table to say something to Maggie. She tried fighting back a smirk when she felt Tom's cold blue eyes burning into her. Her head pounded as she found him trying to get into her head. She winced before her mind went blank to stop him. The pain in her head was now dulling and Maggie brought her out of protecting her memories.

"Are you feeling well Flora? You've been standing there for the past minute," Maggie asked.

"Oh... I'm fine," Flora weakly smiled, her gaze moving across the Hufflepuff table that was filled with some Hufflepuffs studying or eating. Some of them  were giving her odd looks and Flora frowned.'That's right. I'm a Slytherin,' she thought to herself. "Um... I just wanted to tell you that you should be careful," Flora spoke, her eyes drifting to Tom. Her heart rate quickened when their eyes clashed and she looked away first, finding his glare overbearing.

"Of course Flora. Do you want to eat with me?" Maggie questioned, patting the seat next to her.

"I'm sorry I don't feel like eating and you know it's against the rules," Flora smiled referring to the house table rules.

"Can't get up me for trying..." Maggie trailed off, her fork digging into her mashed potato.

"I'll find you at dinner," Flora informed her quietly, leaving her to  her afternoon tea.

"Bye Flora," Maggie bided before shoving the potato mash into her mouth.

Flora exited out the hall, feeling Tom's presence behind her. Flora tried ignoring him, moving through corridors to lose him. Flora's robe followed her as she left the castle and went down the dirt pathway to the lake. She looked behind her to find no-one. She sighed in relief, her feet taking her to the pine trees beside the lake.

"Pretty,"Flora mumbled to herself, her eyes looking down at the glimmering lake that was shining in the Sun.

"It would be, but something is blocking the way. Disappointing if I may say myself," a voice came from behind her. Flora jumped slightly before relaxing, her knowing eyes meeting a certain pair of blue.

"Tom."

"Pureblood," he muttered.

"You really need to get a new insult. You're practically praising my birthright which was undoubtedly out of my control," Flora muttered.

"Hm... I'll keep that in mind," he spoke. Flora gave him a look and noticed a fake smile gracing his lips.

"So what's this ideal you have going with your little Hufflepuff comrade?" Tom questioned, his fake smile turning into a grimace.

"Who? Maggie," Flora asked feigning innocence. He gave her a look and she sighed. "I don't know what you're talking about Mr. Riddle," she lied.

"I think you do know Miss. Nightingale," he shot back, his voice dropping to a low growl.

"I do-" she was cut off as Tom pointed his wand at her.

"Talk now. Drop the façade," he growled.

"How about you drop your façade," Flora shot back, her hand reaching into her robe to grab her wand. "How do we keep getting into this predicament?" Flora voiced out, her mind wandering to how they're always in this proposition where their wands are pointed accusingly at each other.

"I do not know. But, what I do know is that you're lying," Tom accused.

"Merlin Tom! It was a stupid trick. You trick me. I trick you," Flora yelled at him. "It wasn't as bad as yours, wasn't it?" She rhetorically asked him.

"How do you know about the Chamber of Secrets then? You always seem to know secrets that shouldn't be known," he spat, his eyes scrunching up in anger.

"Who cares Tom!" Flora exasperated, her voice raising an octave.

"I do!" Tom yelled, a vein visible and popping out of the side of his neck due to the rise of his voice and his tense composure. Silence consumed the two and Flora eyed him; the anger bubbling inside of her.

"Well I cared about the time when you tricked me down at the docks! You can't just be the decider on when you should care at the utmost stupidest of times!" Flora screamed at him, her nose flaring in anger at the boy in front of her, her brown curls unceremoniously blowing slightly along with the wind.

"Who said that I didn't care either! I shouldn't even be feeling what I'm feeling right now!" Tom shouted back. Flora's eyes watered as she pushed past him in frustration, but she felt his hand latch onto her wrist. Her mind wandered back to the docks, the scene about to unravel feeling familiar.

"Don't Tom," she tiredly whispered, her body turning slightly to watch his gleaming eyes. He brought her carefully into his embrace and she sighed before muttering. "This better not be another mind game you sod..." Flora trailed off.

"It's not." He whispered into her curly mop of hair. A melancholy emotion washed over him at the memory of Flora in the Prefect Bathroom awhile ago.

His arms wrapped around her waist as she dug her fingers into his robe and she hid her face into his chest.

"Good. Otherwise I'll have your balls," she mumbled into his chest, his scent consuming her into oblivion. Her words were muffled, but he still heard. Making his blank expression that masked his inner turmoil turn into a small smile.