Triwizards Cup ~ Part 1 ~

"I'm not crazy. My reality is just a little different than yours"

-The Cheshire Cat

Flora was currently in Potions wondering where Tom was. It was as if he disappeared... well he did all of the time, but it was besides the point. He never misses class...

"Tom m'boy?" Slughorn questioned as he heard a knock on the wooden door.

"Sorry I'm late professor. Prefect duties..." he trailed off. Flora frowned as Slughorn gave her a side glance cautiously. 'What prefect duties?' she thought to herself.

"Tis 'right Tom. Just take a seat," Slughorn spoke before turning back to the board where he once again started naming down plants. Tom nodded before entering the classroom and deciding to sit down next to Flora, like he always did. Whilst Malfoy sat on the opposite side. Flora started listing down plant names before she turned to Tom.

"Why'd you lie?" Flora questioned.

"I didn't lie," he shot back. She rolled her eyes at his reply.

"Sure..." she drawled out before moving her brown hair to the side as she eyed Tom. "...You're in the Daily Prophet, y'know?" Flora spoke before writing Springlewilt on her page.

"I think I know that, they did interviews," he blankly pointed out. Flora bit her lip as she turned back to her feather that had ink on it. She didn't get how she was suppose to befriend him when he didn't even contribute to conversations. She shook her head and wrote another plant down. Once class was over she quickly got up and started packing up her things.

"Are you in a hurry or what?" He scoffed.

"Some sort. Good luck tonight," she meekly replied before walking away and leaving Tom.

It was 6:00pm when Flora started making her way to the fighting stadium. An hour early, but some people started trekking over there when it was 5, having dinner early. Flora sighed as she forgot about her broom.

"You forgot about your broom too?" Bellatrix spoke as she motioned to Flora.

"Yep," she concluded, following the path. "At least we're not the only ones," Flora added on.

"Hmm... I agree, but I didn't want any mud-bloods stealing my broom stick so at least I have an excuse," she spat.

"Excited?" Flora asked as Bellatrix fell into the pace of Flora.

"Yeah. Tom's going to do great,"she smirked before casually glancing beside her. She didn't know why Tom wanted her to talk to Flora, but she followed his orders. Bellatrix wouldn't admit one thing though... that it wasn't that bad of a task.

"I guess you two are friends?" Flora asked. Bellatrix nodded absentmindedly... 'more like a follower' she snapped to herself.

"We're here," Bellatrix sighed thank fully before eyeing the wooden stairs to the Arena.

"Yeah..." Flora trailed off.

"Well... Bye!" Bellatrix shrugged walking up the steps with a slight deluded giggle.

"Weird..." Flora remarked before going into the Arena and finding a seat at the back of the crowd. It was about 30 minutes she waited alone as she eyed people leaking into the stadium. The Sun was setting and she eyed the forests around the arena before setting on the castle of Hogwarts.

"The first challenge!" Professor Dippet spoke, as his wand rested on his neck to make his voice bounce off all the walls. "The three contestants will face a beast... a Acromantula. With a desire of human flesh, the contestants have to reach the golden sphere hidden somewhere amidst this very arena. The person who finds the golden sphere will have an advantage for the next challenge... so with that, lets introduce the contestants," Dippet spoke as cheers enveloped the arena.

"5th year, Miranda Dennings from Beauxbatons Academy," Master Dippet called out. The gates opened from 1 side of the 4 walled arena. She walked out with a nervous smile and waved. Whistles were heard and people clapped in excitement.

"Settle down folks. We have 2 more contestants," Professor Dumbledore spoke. Silence enveloped the crowd as people waited impatiently.

"7th year, Eduardo Krum from Durmstrang Institute," Dippet yelled out before the gates opened on the right side. Eduardo came out with jumpy strides and placed his fist in the air. The girls giggled before quieting down.

"7th year, Tom Riddle from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry!" Dippet yelled out. Cheers erupted from Hogwarts students as girl yelled out. The gated opened in the middle and Tom carelessly walked out with a smirk. A green cloak sat on his shoulders as his attire was black. Flora rolled her eyes at his cockiness before her eyes settled on Dippet.

"OPEN THE GATES!" He ordered out. On the opposite side of the three, you heard the clicks of the gates. Silence followed the whole crowd before a deafening screech hurled around the arena. A black creature with 8 legs about 15 feet long crawled out.

Eduardo started scavenging around the rocks for the golden sphere as Miranda did the same on her side. Tom on the other hand started climbing onto the biggest rock in the Arena; trying to gain height to observe.

"Eduardo!" Someone from the crowd warned in angst. Flora's eyes widened as she saw the spider gaining on him.

"Stupefy!" He yelled, waving his wand around. The spider stopped short for awhile as Eduardo crawled down the opposite direction before the spell worn off. The spell worn off for awhile before the sider went towards Miranda.

She choked up a little before she raised her wand in defence as the beast was a mere 5 metres away from her.

"Wingardium Leviosa," she whispered as she swished her hand. Gasps were heard as the spider levitated in the air for awhile. Flora frowned as she eyed Miranda's jerky movement. In a second the beast was dropped to the ground, inevitably being crushed into the rocks. Flora winced as she eyed the spiders black angry eyes.

Tom surveyed the area before shaking his head. He couldn't find the golden object from the height. Before he could think about anything else he saw the spider climbing the rock dangerously fast. Tom breathed in before raising his wand threateningly before he mindlessly did a non verbal spell. The spider now towered over him and Tom closed his eyes.

'Incendio' he though as he swooped his wand up, the fire from his wand slicing the beast in half. Cheers erupted the crowd and Flora watched Tom in awe. The spider was split into two and it seemed to shrivel up in a black prune shape.

Tom wordlessly opened his eyes and found the golden object...

"It was inside the spider..." he whispered to himself before picking up the golden sphere which had green saliva on it.