Eyes and Smiles

"In your mind, you hate me. And yet when you close your eyes for comfort it is me you see."

-Anonymous

Flora sat in the Great Hall, a frown on her face as her eyes lingered on the pair in the corner. The golden haired Gryffindor was once again talking to Tom. She had been doing it for the past week, replying to Flora that it had to do with 'Prefect Business'. Flora knew better though, that the golden girl wasn't as nice as she appeared. Flora knew that she took jabs at her, subtly teasing how great it felt to be 'Head Girl, again'.

"Bullocks," Flora mumbled to herself, her spoon digging into her porridge.

"What's with the language Curly?" Abraxas questioned, a smirk appearing on his face at the grumbling 7th year in front of him.

"Nothing that concerns you, Abraxas," Flora replied with an unamused face.

"Is this still about the cancellation of the Tumbling Rings expedition?" Bellatrix piped in, her dark eyes shooting towards the pair.

"Sure..." Flora drawled out, her spoon diving into the porridge.

"Well, lighten up!" Abraxas chuckled, his hand messing with her brown hair.

"Don't," Flora screeched, her hand pushing his ring-clad hand away from her already messed up hair.

"Well someone's on their p-" Flora interrupted Abraxas with an evil glare and he gave a nervous smile in reply.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted; someone's on their playful escapade," Abraxas corrected fluttering his hands around for extra measure. Flora sent him a flat expression.

"We both know that wasn't what you were going to say and that was a really, really bad save. Actually, it wasn't even a save... merely a delusive fail," Flora frowned, her forehead creasing.

"Well, I'm going to bid my farewell as I have Divination first up," Abraxas informed the two. Flora sent him a questioning glance in reply.

"Divination?" She asked.

"Yes, indeed," Abraxas nodded.

"But, we have Divination together Malfoy. We have it 3rd," Flora dead-panned.

"Oh," Abraxas expressed with a sigh.

"What's actually going on? Your little vain lies are not going well today..." Flora mumbled, setting her spoon down in question. Abraxas sighed, his hands twisting together in anxiousness.

"It's nothing," he muttered, his body moving out of the hall.

"Should I go check on him?" Flora rhetorically questioned, her brown orbs set on the door where Abraxas had floated off to.

"His future wife is already on it," Bellatrix cackled to herself. Flora gave her a smile, her eyes moving to where Maggie had just left off to.

"Well, that settles it," Flora smirked, her hand casually weaving through her frizzy hair.

"I wonder what's wrong..." Flora mumbled, her curiosity alight.

"It has something to do with the Summer Solstice Ball and that Ravenclaw," Bellatrix shrugged.

~~~~
"As you all know, the Tumbling Rings Trip has been cancelled," Master Dippet announced, his eyes warily scouring the great hall.

"...And it has come to my attention that it shall be the Summer Solstice in one weeks time," Dippet started, his wrinkly fingers unconsciously drumming the podium.