Victories and Realisation

Note: Have you heard Vance Joy's new song: Straight Into Your Arms? You should if you haven't...Comment your opinion. Love to hear from you guys xxxx

"You were the shadow to my life... Just like the stars you fade away... I'm fading"

-Video above

It was now night time anyway all the students were eating. Dippet gave his speech awhile ago and now everyone was eating happily for Tom Riddle's victory. Flora sat silently watching Tom who sat at the other end of the long bench.

She was happy for him, but she couldn't shake off a weird feeling. The competition lasted too long for her liking...

"Too long..." she whispered to herself. Her attention was soon snapped too Bellatrix Lestrange's squeaky laugh. Flora frowned in irritancy due to her being over Tom, but that soon turned to a smirk at the sight of Tom's face.

His gaze met hers and she laughed to herself. He shook his head at her enjoying him being molested by a teenage girl. He noted that he was over dramatizing the situation, but he didn't mind. He was about to turn his head away to snap at Bellatrix before his gaze lifted to a certain annoying Durmstrang boy.

"Hello," Eduardo spoke, his thin lips turning into a small smile.

"Hello," Flora replied.

"This may seem unusual, but I was wondering if you could accompany me to the Docks for awhile..." he trailed off. Flora looked at him for a moment and silence followed. "I've got permission," he added, grabbing a crumpled piece of paper from his brown embroidered dress pants.

"Sure," she smiled, her brown eyes meeting his ocean blue eyes.

'Tom's are prettier' her subconscious muttered, but she simply ignored it as she followed Eduardo Krum who stuck the brown script back into his pants. While they walked out, 3 eyes were set on her. First of all, Dumbledore's, Secondly it was Maggie's, and thirdly the dark gleaming eyes of Tom Riddle.

They both made it down to the Docks and a soft smile played on Flora's lips as her feet dangled.

"You have such small feet," Eduardo laughed. Flora giggled and wiggled her toes. Her face turned towards his direction; her brown eyes clashing with his.

"Indeed Mr. Krum," she laughed. "So... why'd you bring me down here?" Flora asked him skeptically.

"Last night I suppose. We'll have to write to each other," Eduardo said, his smile falling.

"Don't forget about Maggie," Flora poked him teasingly.

"Mm..." Eduardo hummed, remembering about the girl he had danced with at the Yule Ball.

"She likes you y'know?" Flora questioned him.

"Really now?" He questioned with a wry smile.

"Yeah," Flora confirmed. Eduardo nodded before fiddling his fingers in curiosity.

"Who do you like?" He asked. Flora's eyes widened at his question. Who did she like? Her eyes glanced into the murky water before raising back up again.

"I don't know," she hummed.

"Common! The great Flora Nightingale must have a love interest," he mused.

"Hmm... I like a boy," she trailed off. He rolled his eyes.

"That narrows it down," he sarcastically voiced out.

"What? I could've liked a girl for all you knew. So Eduardo dear, it does narrow it down," Flora opinionated.

"It's that Riddle boy isn't it?" Eduardo laughed before his smile faltered. Flora sat there in silence as her eyes stared ahead of her. "I thought you would've been different...Everyone here seems to be infatuated with him," Eduardo spoke.

"So what? It's not like I openly display it," Flora snapped at him. It was only a stupid little crush and besides he was a monster with a very deceiving smile.

"Bullocks Flora. Can't you see that I like you. Not Maggie," Eduardo groaned.

"Bullocks? You're attitude is very poor," Flora angrily pointed out.

"What do you even see in that Riddle boy?" He asked. Flora crossed her arms at him and was about to say something until someone interrupted the both of them.

"Riddle boy?" Tom asked stepping into the conversation. Eduardo sighed and his gaze landed on Flora.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, I'm just a little frustrated." Eduardo frowned, reeling in his emotions. "Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow," Eduardo apologised before budging past Tom. Tom's face held irritance and he was about to act on impulse to hurt the guy before he felt the stare of Flora's.

"So..." Tom trailed off, his blue eyes glancing towards her. "You like me?" he teased, his face illuminated by the moon.

"Just shut it Tom. I had to get him off my case," Flora made up, about to follow the direction which Eduardo had just graced. As she walked past Tom, his hand shot out onto her wrist.

Flora frowned in confusion as Tom's eyes were on hers. Cold meeting warmth and Tom oddly felt like he was normal for once, but he mentally cursed that out. Tom's delusional eyes drifted towards her lips and an unknown feeling settled into the pit of his stomach. His eyes immediately snapped up to her eyes.

"We..." he started out, his fingers brushing down her fore arm with his other arm;leaving a trail of goosebumps in his attempt to calm his thoughts."...We both know that is complete and utter bull, Nightingale," he breathed out.

"T-" she was cut off as Tom leaned into her, his lips slightly parted.

His kiss was soft unlike his persona which made Flora gasp. Tom's eyes were closed whilst Flora's were open. Their lips parted before he kissed her lips once again. Flora's arms hazily made their way around his neck in an embrace. With that her eyes finally closed as their lips moved in unison.

Once Flora's eyes closed, Tom's eyes opened in curiosity. He finally closed his eyes again as their lips molded once again; a weird feeling sparking inside of him. He was doing something very manipulative and he was double thinking about what he was currently doing...

Deceiving her...